Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second brisket (overnight) advice/tips?

Just wanted to do an update! I smoked the brisket starting at about 7:55 pm Wednesday evening. Took it off at about 7:30 the next morning. One place hit 164 and a few others in the 167 range. It was 184 in the point. I wrapped it tight and tossed it in the oven for a couple of hours since I was low on fuel and didn't feel the need to waste charcoal. It came out absolutely amazing! Wish I would have taken pictures of it sliced, but guests were over by that time and we were just concentrated on chowing down.

I love the AP Rub from Caribeque.

Isn't that always the way it goes!? You spend fourteen hours making a grand feast and in fifteen minutes, there's nothing left but an empty platter!
    But, the sticky fingers and smiling faces make it all worth while!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Got that right, Timothy! 11 lbs. went fast! But I love feeding others and seeing their reactions. Whether it's family, friends or simply acquaintances. No way I would have ever gotten into this smoking hobby if it was just me.

TVWBB Gold Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    That looks great, Troy!
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12