Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What model Summit is this?

What model Summit is this?

What model is this Summit Grill is this and what is a ball park used value?

Is it a good grill like the older Genesis Grills?

thanks Kevin

EDIT - maybe is just called Summit 650NG for natural gas.

https://www.appliancefactoryparts.co...it-650-ng.html
    Last edited by KevinRH; 10-11-2017 at 09:31 AM.

TVWBB Fan
    It's a 600 series because it has 6 burner knobs not 4.

It's an older style so it is not a 670.

It has no side burner, so it is not the top 600 series for its year. I think that would mean it has a lower model number than 650. I'm not exactly sure which.

My opinion is I would think it is worth 500 to 600 depending on if the condition is good to very good. If it needs new parts (grates, burners, flavorizer bars) or elbow grease, I would deduct that from the total. I would also make sure the firebox and frame had no rust-through spots.

It's a Summit 650. It and the 450 are top notch grills (performance wise). For some reason Weber never saw fit to outfit these with smoker burners or rotisserie burners so for rotisserie they're not optimal (though I am sure the 650 would do better than the 450). Side burner or no they were called x50. There was an open cart design for them at one time called x25 and there was even another that was set up as a no lid type (supposedly Aussie type) but I don't know the nomenclature they used for it.
    Only trouble zone is the front of the fire box where the burners poke through. They rust out and Weber in their infinite wisdom did not see fit to support the grills for this issue (even when they were under warranty) leaving many of us (like myself) with either expensive boat anchors or having to scrounge around for the part(s) or trying to fabricate them.
    I have a 450 version with side burner. It's pretty much my daily driver. I've been able to scrounge up some parts to keep it going. Love the thing even though Weber let me down on it. So will never buy another new Weber product again but that's another story.
    Hard to give you a price for it. Depends on going rates in your area and so on

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    there was even another that was set up as a no lid type (supposedly Aussie type) but I don't know the nomenclature they used for it.
    Weber 400 FT and 600 FT. (FT = Flat Top)

Fairly common here were also sold in the States.
    Genesis5000 '96 (The Green Machine), Summit Silver C '04, Genesis1100 '00 (Redhead- Brand New!), Summit FT-600 '99, Kettle OTS '88, Kettle Compact '09,WSJ S,WSJ G (WSM-Mini)

There's a 4-burner NG version this listed on Cape Cod craigslist for $250 right now:

https://capecod.craigslist.org/app/d...341108331.html

2002 Genesis Silver B, 2004 Genesis Gold C, 1996 Genesis 1000
    Projects: Genesis 1000, Genesis Silver B, Genesis 1000

Thanks guys... so the advantages with this Summit over an older genesis is more heat? better heat control and more grilling space and a stainless grate that will last forever?
    Anything else?

Thanks Kevin

They really don't get any hotter than a Genesis and the 4 burner model is the same size as the Genesis (grill grates can even interchange). Obviously more control with 6 burners you can do far more and it will be easier to "zone" it. I can tell you these models do not perform that well though in a rotisserie function due to burner layout and lack of a dedicated rotisserie burner

TVWBB Pro
    If the firebox is rusted through, it's not worth very much.
    Drivin' fast and cookin' slow

are the firebox's on them made out of steel?
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    are the firebox's on them made out of steel?
    Steel lateral (east-west) lid and firebox, Cast aluminium ends (north-south) lid and firebox.
    Genesis5000 '96 (The Green Machine), Summit Silver C '04, Genesis1100 '00 (Redhead- Brand New!), Summit FT-600 '99, Kettle OTS '88, Kettle Compact '09,WSJ S,WSJ G (WSM-Mini)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast