Genesis Porcelain Enameled Lids and Wood

I_Rivera

Hello All,

I just wanted to know if these lids are interchangeable. I don't know if it is just the color of the lid and the angle in which the photo was taken but the blue lid looks smaller than the other two. Ultimately, I'm trying to get the blue lid on the smaller frame on to either the crimson or black genesis fames with the side burner.

Also, can anyone confirm that this is indeed a Genesis and not a Spirit?

As far as the two larger Gennys with the side burners go, I would prefer to get the one with the wood/Durawood shelves compared to the Thermoset. Is it easy to find Durawood slats and folding shelves?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:
You cannot install a 2-burner lid on a 3-burner grill.

The 2-burner lid is small enough to fit inside a 3-burner lid.

As for the Durawood versus Thermoset, they do interchange. Neither are readily available new.

The Thermoset pieces are NLA. There seems to be some NOS Durawood swing tables in inventory. The work tables are also NLA.

Last edited:
On the blue 2 burner. If it's a Genesis it will say Genesis on the lid emblem or Spirit if applicable though in reality it makes no difference at all. They are one and the same.
The 3 burners the lids are interchangeable. No problem

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, you cannot install a 2-burner lid on a 3-burner grill.

The 2-burner lid is small enough to fit inside a 3-burner lid.

I don't believe that was the question as one would hope the poster would be able to see that one grill is substantially larger than the other

LM, he wrote: "Ultimately, I'm trying to get the blue lid on the smaller frame on to either the crimson or black genesis fames [sic] with the side burner."

I believe that was the question.

What about this lid? Could i slide the porcelain enabled part into the end caps of one of the other two? It looks like the top front end has more a of a curve to it. Like if the corner is not as sharp. Any thoughts?

You would probably want to use the whole lid, end caps and all. I would expect that lid to fit onto any other three burner genesis from the Silver B/C generation like the ones pictured above. But if you have access to that grill, why not keep it intact? It has the extra burner as well.

Yeah why bastardize it? Those grills are hard to come by and make great resto projects

You would probably want to use the whole lid, end caps and all. I would expect that lid to fit onto any other three burner genesis from the Silver B/C generation like the ones pictured above. But if you have access to that grill, why not keep it intact? It has the extra burner as well.

I realized that this particular Genesis Gold C is pretty rare after doing some research, especially in blue. It is cool and all but I don't really like the look of it for me to use/keep it and I'm working on putting something together for my grandfather. It is a long story and I'll save it for when I either start the project or complete it. I need a blue Genesis (3 burner) lid to complete this project, but it has to be the classic style lid that is boxier in shape.

I love those blue lids and I have been keeping my eyes open for one. I had a line on one a couple months ago, but the guy was asking a bit more than I was willing to pay for the grill so I passed. I know that if I am patient, I will eventually get one.

Back