Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: this place seems dead

Glad you liked it. And I am sure the view is very nice. From a canoe on mirror lake the restaurant looks quite grand. If you do come back and stay a while, don't forget to ask other places if they offer a local discount. Many of the restaurants do, dunkin donuts, etc.... They know they are jacking up their prices and don't want to punish the locals in the process.

Last edited by Bruce; 10-17-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

My understanding is Mirror lake is restricted only to non power boats is that correct?
    Honestly in re to other businesses I'll remember to ask though most likely will not use them. It's only a little over 90 minutes from my house and all I really need is a place to "sleep it off" LOL and go home next AM

Yep, I believe you are correct on the "non power" boat regulation. However, I do think they allow electric trolling motors. That makes it a nice peaceful lake, unlike the Wisconsin River and Lake Delton here in the Dells in the summer time. You would get swamped in ten minutes on either of those bodies of water with a canoe during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    I'm glad you've had good luck with rescues. One of my sisters took in a rescue. Sadly her's is not right in the head. He's better now that he's older but still quite unpredictable. He'll wander around peacefully seemingly looking for some love, and you can pet him then all of a sudden the teeth will bare, he'll growl and sometimes just snap. Scary dog. This is the only thing that scares me about them (rescue dogs). You just don't know what led up to them being a rescue many times. Though I have also known many folks who like you have had wonderful gentle dogs come to them. Maybe it has to do with the breed.
    Yes taking in a rescue is definitely a risk. We took in a mixed breed from a shelter once and she also wasn't right in the head. I greatly admire people that do it but I'm not sure I would do it again.

I just finished smoking some Hot Hungarian Wax Peppers. They will be fully dried in my dehydrator and then ground into Paprika.

The grills popping up on CL have sure hit a wall. I guess that makes sense and probably a good thing. I have to find somewhere to store the ones in my garage for the winter as it is.

So, that's how paprika is made?

I've heard the Hungarian stuff is best.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

You should bottle it and sell it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234