this place seems dead

Us northern guys are a bit less likely to head outside when the weather is nasty and the temps start diving. I have only been on this forum since early this spring so I don't know for sure, but I was expecting the posts to decrease over the next 5 months or so. I know the grills popping up for sale on CL have sure taken a nose dive over the last month.

I am not saying people up here don't grill out in the winter, but it does become the slow season for outdoor grilling. Not many people will be out sitting in the lawn chair in the shade while tending a rotisserie chicken on the BBQ.

That being said, tomorrow, I plan on putting on a pound of Buffalo Wing Chicken Gizzards on my Genny 1000. Never tried the recipe on gizzards, but it is a big hit on the wings.

Wife and I headed up your way this weekend. Gonna try out that Ishnala Supper Club at Mirror Lake. I guess we're headed out Sunday and coming back on Monday. I sure hope it's worth the trip. Heading out there with an old friend from grade school and his wife. So no grilling on Sunday for me LOL

Larry, I have never heard any "good" reports about that place other than the view. The food doesn't get great reviews from what I have heard. I personally have never eaten there however but I have canoed past it on Mirror Lake. I hope you find different. Let me know.

It's run by the same family that runs a top rated place here in Rockford (Hoffman House) so I kind of have high hopes. I am hoping it's not the new grill grates I need for my Wolf grill being spent on one weekend meal :) LOL

It's been August hot around here coupled with high dew points.

Unreal for October. This is our month for getting out of the house - usually.

Hope to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway soon.

Us northern guys are a bit less likely to head outside when the weather is nasty and the temps start diving. I have only been on this forum since early this spring so I don't know for sure, but I was expecting the posts to decrease over the next 5 months or so. I know the grills popping up for sale on CL have sure taken a nose dive over the last month.

I am not saying people up here don't grill out in the winter, but it does become the slow season for outdoor grilling. Not many people will be out sitting in the lawn chair in the shade while tending a rotisserie chicken on the BBQ.

That being said, tomorrow, I plan on putting on a pound of Buffalo Wing Chicken Gizzards on my Genny 1000. Never tried the recipe on gizzards, but it is a big hit on the wings.

Just finished and ate the Buffalo Chicken Gizzards. They were very good. Better than plain chicken gizzards, but still not as good a Buffalo Chicken Wings.

ndyYXxX.jpg

Just did gourmet brisket burgers on the Q220 red head I keep in the garage for inclement weather. I don't use it often but it sure does a damn good job.

The weather here in the mountains of Arizona has been wonderful. High 70s low 80s during the day and 50s at night. With that said in another month it will be grilling if I have no other choice. Once it hits the low 40s and 30s and below with my meds I can't take the cold. Once I get chilled I can't warm up for hours, pretty much cancels the outside cooking except for quick cooks like steaks, burgers Etc.
I keep two gassers under the covered patio for those cooks.

Rich would never have imagined it got that cold in AZ. I live in ATL we can get down below 30 for a bit almost always gets back to at least 40 or 50 during the day. I can't take the cold much anymore myself moved from Boston 20 years ago and I buy the blood thins argument low 70's got a sweatshirt on.

Crazy fall here still hitting low 80's which is fine by me.

Yah, aside for a very low and unusual cold snap in early September (low 30's at night), the weather has been great since. My pepper plants are usually frosted off by this time of year, but are still going strong and the forecast says they will be good for another week plus. I just did a pound of chicken gizzards on my grill yesterday. I did them in buffalo wing sauce....yummm. The real wings are better though.

Yeah, the Weather has been downright strange the year here in New England as well. A little over a week ago I brought my kids to their outdoor Dek Hockey games. It was almost 85 degrees out in the early evening, just three short days later is was 50 degrees, This morning I dropped my Daughter off at School at it was 30 degrees with frost on the ground!

Jeff

Rich would never have imagined it got that cold in AZ. I live in ATL we can get down below 30 for a bit almost always gets back to at least 40 or 50 during the day. I can't take the cold much anymore myself moved from Boston 20 years ago and I buy the blood thins argument low 70's got a sweatshirt on.

Crazy fall here still hitting low 80's which is fine by me.

People always ask me how I can stand living in Arizona because its so hot there. Then I show them this picture, which is my backyard in November. It's like this every winter.

37641273036_b06e7f013f_z.jpg

Yah, from what I understand, you can lay out and get a sun tan in the morning and drive a couple hours north and go snow skiing depending on exactly where in AZ you are. I have only been to the very southern part of the state and it was HOT and it was in the summer. Low humidity though.

Back