Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: this place seems dead

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    The weather here in the mountains of Arizona has been wonderful. High 70s low 80s during the day and 50s at night. With that said in another month it will be grilling if I have no other choice. Once it hits the low 40s and 30s and below with my meds I can't take the cold. Once I get chilled I can't warm up for hours, pretty much cancels the outside cooking except for quick cooks like steaks, burgers Etc.
    I keep two gassers under the covered patio for those cooks.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Fan
    Rich would never have imagined it got that cold in AZ. I live in ATL we can get down below 30 for a bit almost always gets back to at least 40 or 50 during the day. I can't take the cold much anymore myself moved from Boston 20 years ago and I buy the blood thins argument low 70's got a sweatshirt on.

Crazy fall here still hitting low 80's which is fine by me.

Yah, aside for a very low and unusual cold snap in early September (low 30's at night), the weather has been great since. My pepper plants are usually frosted off by this time of year, but are still going strong and the forecast says they will be good for another week plus. I just did a pound of chicken gizzards on my grill yesterday. I did them in buffalo wing sauce....yummm. The real wings are better though.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

TVWBB Super Fan
    Yeah, the Weather has been downright strange the year here in New England as well. A little over a week ago I brought my kids to their outdoor Dek Hockey games. It was almost 85 degrees out in the early evening, just three short days later is was 50 degrees, This morning I dropped my Daughter off at School at it was 30 degrees with frost on the ground!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Boy, let a little wet/chilly weather hit and it seems everybody went to hibernation
    Don't worry, things always pick up as we get closer to Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    Rich would never have imagined it got that cold in AZ. I live in ATL we can get down below 30 for a bit almost always gets back to at least 40 or 50 during the day. I can't take the cold much anymore myself moved from Boston 20 years ago and I buy the blood thins argument low 70's got a sweatshirt on.

Crazy fall here still hitting low 80's which is fine by me.

People always ask me how I can stand living in Arizona because its so hot there. Then I show them this picture, which is my backyard in November. It's like this every winter.

"Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Yah, from what I understand, you can lay out and get a sun tan in the morning and drive a couple hours north and go snow skiing depending on exactly where in AZ you are. I have only been to the very southern part of the state and it was HOT and it was in the summer. Low humidity though.

Low humidity though.

So is an oven LOL

Funny how this "Dead thread" is the most active on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Low humidity though.

So is an oven LOL
    As we like to refer to it as a

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast