Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: this place seems dead

this place seems dead

Boy, let a little wet/chilly weather hit and it seems everybody went to hibernation

I just come and I'm ready for action

Us northern guys are a bit less likely to head outside when the weather is nasty and the temps start diving. I have only been on this forum since early this spring so I don't know for sure, but I was expecting the posts to decrease over the next 5 months or so. I know the grills popping up for sale on CL have sure taken a nose dive over the last month.

I am not saying people up here don't grill out in the winter, but it does become the slow season for outdoor grilling. Not many people will be out sitting in the lawn chair in the shade while tending a rotisserie chicken on the BBQ.

That being said, tomorrow, I plan on putting on a pound of Buffalo Wing Chicken Gizzards on my Genny 1000. Never tried the recipe on gizzards, but it is a big hit on the wings.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

Wife and I headed up your way this weekend. Gonna try out that Ishnala Supper Club at Mirror Lake. I guess we're headed out Sunday and coming back on Monday. I sure hope it's worth the trip. Heading out there with an old friend from grade school and his wife. So no grilling on Sunday for me LOL

Larry, I have never heard any "good" reports about that place other than the view. The food doesn't get great reviews from what I have heard. I personally have never eaten there however but I have canoed past it on Mirror Lake. I hope you find different. Let me know.

It's run by the same family that runs a top rated place here in Rockford (Hoffman House) so I kind of have high hopes. I am hoping it's not the new grill grates I need for my Wolf grill being spent on one weekend meal :-) LOL

It's been August hot around here coupled with high dew points.

Unreal for October. This is our month for getting out of the house - usually.

Hope to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway soon.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

TVWBB Pro
    I'll be grilling in the snow. Grilling in the wind is a bit difficult, but not impossible.
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Us northern guys are a bit less likely to head outside when the weather is nasty and the temps start diving. I have only been on this forum since early this spring so I don't know for sure, but I was expecting the posts to decrease over the next 5 months or so. I know the grills popping up for sale on CL have sure taken a nose dive over the last month.

I am not saying people up here don't grill out in the winter, but it does become the slow season for outdoor grilling. Not many people will be out sitting in the lawn chair in the shade while tending a rotisserie chicken on the BBQ.

That being said, tomorrow, I plan on putting on a pound of Buffalo Wing Chicken Gizzards on my Genny 1000. Never tried the recipe on gizzards, but it is a big hit on the wings.
    Just finished and ate the Buffalo Chicken Gizzards. They were very good. Better than plain chicken gizzards, but still not as good a Buffalo Chicken Wings.

Just did gourmet brisket burgers on the Q220 red head I keep in the garage for inclement weather. I don't use it often but it sure does a damn good job.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast