Pizza party on a rainy day.

DaveW

TVWBB Wizard
Ok, first, a little back story. As I said, I wanted to do this ever since I read [member=11871]MikeRocksTheRed[/member] 's thread. I have a KP and I got KPs for one of cousins and for one of my uncles. Anyways, it hadn't worked out to have it at my house, then, another cousin closed on his house and said that he'd love to host it. Game on.

Some of the toppings. We had a red sauce, a white alfredo type sauce, a white ranch sauce, bbq sauce, teriyaki sauce and chocolate sauce. Wide range of vegetable and meat toppings as well, including chicken, bacon and pulled pork.

dFpkIZD.jpg

mGrd3HE.jpg

On the right is the cousin who hosted. On the left is my cousin / his brother, who just happened to work at a pizza joint for a while. Yeah, he got nominated to handle the dough.

U4Yw59c.jpg

LQ6CoDh.jpg

dur9NbX.jpg

eHnpJFq.jpg

Doughs were placed on 14 in screens that had been sprayed with Pam. The rack is a 15 slot from local restaurant supply store.

MgG4NJn.jpg

I brought my Gen2 over, an uncle brought over the Gen4 I gave him and my cousin has a OTP.

drgA1Nk.jpg

z8P1gG4.jpg

An uncle acting like he's tending the cookers

kEkRglb.jpg

He's really getting into it.

MfpjhY3.jpg

He takes posing very seriously!!

OyNegY5.jpg

cwj39SE.jpg

ZUzOvRe.jpg

OVEk7wb.jpg

CzMOfc6.jpg

5CGU3Cd.jpg

YSCEtCX.jpg

There were a few mess ups which clouded the numbers a bit, but our best guess is that we did 26 pies.

Awesome post!! This Webers under the tent are a thing of beauty. From beginning to end, it looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for posting!
Tim

That looks like an amazing time! Great looking pizzas. What dough recipe did you use for that?

Daum

Great Post! We do something similar. Right after Christmas our whole family comes over and it's a huge crown (I'm one of 7!!) I just got a WSM but have 2 large BGEs and adding the WSM will speed things up. Love that pizza screen holder and I'm looking on line for one right now! I usually "pre-bake" the crusts earlier in the day to speed things up!

Again, looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing!

And some mighty fine pies they are.

Thanks!

Awesome post!! This Webers under the tent are a thing of beauty. From beginning to end, it looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for posting!
Tim

Thanks Tim! I was concerned that maybe the heat would melt the canopy, but it held up.

That looks like an amazing time! Great looking pizzas. What dough recipe did you use for that?

Daum

Thanks Daum! We cheated and went with store bought stuff from GFS. 20 doughs per case and we had 2 cases.

Three kettles, no waiting!
Looks like one heck of a good time!
I like the screen/rack set up!

Thanks Tim!!! I did have them stacking up on me a couple of times. Seems that we made things a bit too efficient on the front end. That and I waited until a few people got there before even starting up the charcoal, so people (and pizzas) were ready and waiting for me. More than half way through, I had to start reloading coals and wood to bring the heat back up. When I was about tot reload the third kettle, my cousin told me that things had slowed and I could probably just shut that one down. Of course, then more people showed up and some people started making dessert pies as well. :D

Great pizza party, some good looking pies there.

Thanks Rich !

Great Post! We do something similar. Right after Christmas our whole family comes over and it's a huge crown (I'm one of 7!!) I just got a WSM but have 2 large BGEs and adding the WSM will speed things up. Love that pizza screen holder and I'm looking on line for one right now! I usually "pre-bake" the crusts earlier in the day to speed things up!

Again, looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Steve! Sounds like you all have a blast as well. There's a number of different pizza racks. I went with the Winco APZT-1015 15 Shelf Pizza Pan Rack. Main reasons were that it only cost $25 and it was available at a local restaurant supply store. If I could have found a 7-10 slot rack for a good price, I would have gone with it. Interesting idea to pre-bake the crusts. One of my customers owns a metal working shop and I had him make 3 baking steel clones for me to use with the Kettlepizzas. they worked perfectly as the tops and the crusts finished at the same time on just about every pie. One exception was my vegan aunt made a vegan pizza piled about 2 inches high with toppings, then covered by vegan cheese, whatever the heck that stuff was. The other exception was the dessert pizzas that had marshmallows on top. Those got pretty toasty. Timing wasn't bad either as i had grills rocking at over 700 most of the time. Pizzas took 4 - 6 minutes

Man that is one awesome pizza party. Outstanding team work and looks like everyone had a great time and food.

Back