Rotisserie Prime Rib w/french potatoes and brussels

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
We had part of an old prime rib roast that I found last Christmas for 5.29/lb and had frozen. I've wanted to try to do it on the rotisserie for a while and decided last night was the night. I took it out of the fridge ~4-5 hours before I cooked it and seasoned it with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. I had it on the rotisserie for about an hour before it hit around 124 and I pulled it. Unfortunately didn't think to take pictures of it during the cook, but it turned out great. The potatoes are some french potatoes (Pommes Aligot) which are always amazing. The brussels this time we did a method from the latest Cooks illustrated, basically you start them in a cold pan with oil/butter with them covered for 5 min over medium high heat, then take the cover off for about 5 more minutes and are all set. Super easy and came out really well with a nice crunch.

After the cook while resting:

IGOe75H.jpg

5W2u42X.jpg

Cut in half:
rPCnvKv.jpg

Plated:
YPRplU8.jpg

c3GZ2yF.jpg

Overall really good. Way too much food for just two of us so we'll be having some sandwiches/hash today! The cook itself was easy and developed a nice crust on it. I would love to do a larger roast this way as I think the flavor and crust developed is on par if not better with oven based roasts.

Daum

Very nice. We're doing the same roast on rotisserie tonight as well. I'll season with S&P, maybe some garlic, and stuff fresh rosemary sprigs under the strings.

Great looking PR! Rotisserie is one of my favorite ways to cook prime rib.

Back