Brisket/Ground Beef Cheater Chili

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I made some cheater chili yesterday using Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Chili Kit. It calls for 2 lbs of ground beef, but I wasn't about to sacrifice two whole pounds of precious leftover brisket for chili, so I decided to go 50/50 brisket and ground beef.

I browned 1 lb of 80/20 ground beef, drained it and weighed it: 12 ounces. Pulled/chopped 12 ounces of leftover brisket flat/point, then proceeded with the cooking instructions on the box. Pretty tasty for not much effort!

iOSvriW.jpg

eIyqeNR.jpg

wmwxAhC.jpg

Looks pretty good Chris. I haven't made old C.S. brown bag chili in years, I remember it wasn't half bad for a package chili.
Didn't know Weber made a white grill;)

EDIT:
Now I remember why I quit making it, 55% of the recommended daily sodium, that's 110% for me as I'm on half or less of the recommend amount. Dang, was going to get some and try it again.

Last edited:
Now I remember why I quit making it, 55% of the recommended daily sodium, that's 110% for me as I'm on half or less of the recommend amount. Dang, was going to get some and try it again.
Might check out the box label. The salt is separate in a packet inside the box, so you control how much is added. Not sure if there's any salt in the chili powder packet.

Back