Missouri > Arnold: Smokee Mo's BBQ

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
While in St. Louis recently a coworker suggested I might enjoy a visit to Smokee Mo's BBQ in Arnold. According to her the name is a play on the Imo's Pizza that shares the building; apparently the Imo's franchisee and building owner had difficulty keeping a tenant so he decided to use the space himself.

SmokeeMosBBQArnoldMO20170911_1.jpg

The interior has a high ceiling and plenty of space and food is ordered cafeteria-style.

SmokeeMosBBQArnoldMO20170911_2.jpg

My dining companion ordered brisket, ribs, and mac & cheese.

SmokeeMosBBQArnoldMO20170911_3.jpg

My tray of brisket, pork, potatoes and beans.

SmokeeMosBBQArnoldMO20170911_4.jpg

We definitely enjoyed our meals, especially the brisket and mac & cheese. I also really liked the beans and the pulled pork was probably the best I've had so far in the St. Louis area. Smokee Mo's also makes its own pastrami so another visit is definitely in my future.

Dang Brad, we live on the outskirts of Arnold.
Had I known you were in the area I would have met up and even paid for your meal.
I've only tried the Mangia Bene from Smokee-Mo's, good stuff.

Thanks, Bob, but when I'm St. Louis the company picks up the tab so you would've been off the hook.;)

I'd try the Mangia Bene if I could make one minor change...and I'll bet you can guess what it is.:rolleyes:

Thanks, Bob, but when I'm St. Louis the company picks up the tab so you would've been off the hook.;)

I'd try the Mangia Bene if I could make one minor change...and I'll bet you can guess what it is.:rolleyes:
C'mon Brad, Provel is made in Wisconsin. :)

Bob, next time you're at Mo's be sure to get a side order of corn. It's cooked with a version of their rib rub and is really good.

Back