Thread: Twin Turbo WSM 22!

Twin Turbo WSM 22!

Hey folks,

I totally just twin turbocharged my WSM and am now running a live, "first run" test using my BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud and the ShareMyCook site.

There is one full bag (15.4 lbs) of charcoal in the WSM and I am just letting it run. Watch the cook real time here:

https://sharemycook.com/Cook/Detail/...3-10eedccc9745

Video to follow later (mostly filmed already).

Hey folks, here is the accompanying video. The "twin turbo" works well and I still need to do a little tuning of the settings.

In this video, I also demonstrate how to make just a "universal adapter" that you can use with a CyberQ Cloud or a FlameBoss 300.

Enjoy and please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Paul in Danville; 10-04-2017 at 06:57 PM.

TVWBB Fan
    22" 1986, 18" 2017, Broil King Regal 490 PRO gas grill 2015, Thermoworks Thermapen and Smoke with GW

I have already soldered up a Y connector so that I can use the twin turbos in parallel using the single fan output connector on my CyberQ. When I do the review video on the CyberQ, I'll cover using this option with the CyberQ controller. I think it might even be interesting to put three blowers on there - the two that I have plus the Pit Viper. To run three fans with the CyberQ, I would have to fab up another splitter that puts the three fans in parallel. If it pushes too much air then I could wire the fans in series to bring the fan speeds down. WIth the WILLHI controller, I can put one fan on one of the outputs and the two fans on a dual splitter on a different output.