Hack-Job 26" Performer

Ralph Meyer

TVWBB Fan
I haven't seen any similar threads here on building a 26 performer using the 22 performer frame, so here goes:

Parts
26" NIB Performer off Craigslist - $150.00
Gen 2 or 3 Performer off Craigslist - $40.00
1/8 Steel Plate to Fab some brackets - $13.00
4' of 1/1/2" Aluminum Bar - $18.00
3/8" plywood for table
Rivets, nuts and screws.

Instructions:
Fabricate some brackets from 1/8 plate to attach kettle to frame.
Attach kettle to frame with brackets.
Toss the old performer table and cut the lower frames down the middle.
Use aluminum bar to connect lower frame supports.

Voila, 26" performer.
Really, I'm gonna put a decent top on it, but the plywood works in a pinch.
Still working on the gas assist, but think I'll put it on too.

mg1j57edakm77nByiZjlqczypldiIcME3T-gg3HRNYZ7W4auIKvPo1JOF1MRSfxpUecybRNZrfzVx8aGvkBkZoDgFEAGB9GyZBZ4xxljEwQVXDXwErqsohGLDP5pMaH5frtnBAon2ZB5TJTkYyvj7ud-dmZLUg77o1ZvfJPWwB2WAx-EcVIwO-1WbjFCrU6HMBFxPJKT4QdmhMwPmfXH3gH-K6vFm087EbgMnyXXnb-zCmOsJq-kPmy17HnWncj8I1gbUAk-E_ebUzcWfFP6bl5vTYFR_bnAxgfJcWSvDhICHBFte4S5t4NnupxtkYkcqlfbxEb4tKCYLt_bylZ6QQzT_mjT3CDMnmZYyrWfUvbl0Inm_8aQiHdxvysWsa_MtDZ_5ZcutG5lEGRrciJbaw0j1DvMdVFTUzTXAIRNQnwrgpxgcO1cv8E0TuEEDI_iK7iPQf7gQxvD5s-klWtetd0fBEDxj1pdG3cbV1L_phhIrNPUJ1GgKIbJEvCrNGDKWKwZjzRqIEre8SqFaWGlVv5_3_u3JYa5sl3exi7qjE-5ZIFWMZDd3JowtMk7G6_Ly3RbC8IZjhB9AMpujOD9WfV-M58mUrbADqOzQgB9GQ=w1116-h827-no

61oNwdY9awwQsAHwOKsErmaUUqJlmzvAeZ4WphYmoGqXsg61zKiLXYE6HJHqbjbyJdEGeyzzwq6fHwDWLKaGO7TSwSwaWJlFAZpZBUE3Bncs9g5ZeokwlX9aHodZcD_K5T1Az9nOEfK2dNCC9onZG8HJYTD3iBAzCtpQ8gNocWZTRtdw7wKb4lSedUCLecpqvJKwpv7k9KuEtlFiHEaRLyCNT8y3MZgYoNrUtdyCJPuw6jCwWdBwTAaFJo1wN75nQGmGoNjYEwnDx33_lwll3IdlC_ZxTqXgxUuPqkKuneFn92AUvVCnOVGZ_mg5zjeppsLcLITbrUPuHqag2e-n7da7LSyPlnOG96GIo2JzJEhqmOdDqt9aKM1rLenDxEfe1Taj5WvETodW2Ov7222jyb6JdDD_k5ZVfNHi49KgW72Khc2yHGB2wmJdQrPBfY63yILU8TMgCk9IdT2BKhFsNvwcR51Jm7WSOGmpu0e53MP0cx1vO5VaxQ3_vkXUtVHvEm-QpUezDb6q_Ky8lECrzkPLY2IAuBFFNe6Ei8Kq-Se_8W12kyjPGFJsdkFaye4zv7ky43bO4Q3G1ETlEiVtyAjVIXBGcaMcF5Lma_1Prg=w1116-h827-no

I thought I had some included....still trying to work around photobucket. I guess Google photos didn't work. Here's a try with imgur.....Better?
7DM6yB2.jpg

JdaDRb7.jpg

I did something similar to this last year. I wanted to keep the charcoal bin, so I didn't add the gas assist lighting because there is not enough room with the bin in place.

Mc7tdB8.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
You’re KILLIN’ Me! Just acquired a 22 WSM so, I need to build a carriage for that. Now you guys are tempting me with a 26 performer!? My wife will figure out a way for me to sleep in one of these things soon enough without this kind of temptation!
I’m still brain draining on the “double smoked 18/22 WSM weather resistant workstation smoker extravaganza”, she’s going to kill me if I keep on this addiction!

Finally finished this thing up so I can sell it-just don't need a 26" often enough. Not near the level of quality as Oglenn's above, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out. My BIL is a very fine woodworker, but I'm a pretty sorry wood finisher.....Need to get the charcoal bin on it!:confused:

NJCwHyT.jpg

qmnIXSX.jpg

A8tFfYm.jpg

xM3D6q1.jpg

V05FI79.jpg

Last edited:
Bill, its been sitting out on my patio uncovere with just some painted plywood for a table. I just put that cedar table on it. Sold it today :)

Ralph,

It's not hard to see why you were able to sell quickly. That 26" mod was gorgeous! Great job on that. It would have been hard for me to part with, but you did well.

To hell with the mod, I just want to find a 26" on craigslist. Few and far between around here. (Not knocking your mods, they look great!)

Yeah, there's not enough 26 sellers and too many buyers looking for one cheap. And most sellers want some outrageous money for them. If a somewhat cheap rotisserie were available for the 26, I would have kept it.

To hell with the mod, I just want to find a 26" on craigslist. Few and far between around here. (Not knocking your mods, they look great!)

Lew,
I have been thinking hard about selling my very special 26” flat top, unused since I restored it. I won’t give it away having put high quality stainless grates,etc. on it. But I would rather see someone who will use and enjoy it have it. It looks like I am driving to Valdosta on August 24, so if you are up for a road trip may we could do something.

Here’s my post about it with pics:
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?75253-My-reborn-00-26-quot-Flat-top-Black-Weber-Kettle

Stefan, the gent who bought it came from Denton and said he had 3 or 4 26s and offered to bring me them and the parts to build more of these.

I declined, not really being able to do the woodwork.

Lew,
I have been thinking hard about selling my very special 26” flat top, unused since I restored it. I won’t give it away having put high quality stainless grates,etc. on it. But I would rather see someone who will use and enjoy it have it. It looks like I am driving to Valdosta on August 24, so if you are up for a road trip may we could do something.

Here’s my post about it with pics:
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?75253-My-reborn-00-26-quot-Flat-top-Black-Weber-Kettle
PM Sent.......

I’m just going to wait until I find one and then go crazy and visit my wife’s cousin for a day or two. He is an amazingly talented welder with a fully equipped shop and I mean fully equipped! I’m crossing my fingers about finding one and then sitting down with a sketch pad and see where it takes me!

Back