Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hack-Job 26" Performer

TVWBB Pro
    Looks great Ralph! Do you use a cover for this?

TVWBB Member
    Bill, its been sitting out on my patio uncovere with just some painted plywood for a table. I just put that cedar table on it. Sold it today
    Gen 3 Performer, 26" Gen 2 Performer, 2001 Genesis Gold C, 18 WSM

Ralph,

It's not hard to see why you were able to sell quickly. That 26" mod was gorgeous! Great job on that. It would have been hard for me to part with, but you did well.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB All-Star
    To hell with the mod, I just want to find a 26" on craigslist. Few and far between around here. (Not knocking your mods, they look great!)
    Lew
    Bunch of Webers, Smoke EZ, GMG Daniel Boone, White Thermapen MK4

TVWBB Member
    Yeah, there's not enough 26 sellers and too many buyers looking for one cheap. And most sellers want some outrageous money for them. If a somewhat cheap rotisserie were available for the 26, I would have kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    To hell with the mod, I just want to find a 26" on craigslist. Few and far between around here. (Not knocking your mods, they look great!)
    Lew,
    I have been thinking hard about selling my very special 26” flat top, unused since I restored it. I won’t give it away having put high quality stainless grates,etc. on it. But I would rather see someone who will use and enjoy it have it. It looks like I am driving to Valdosta on August 24, so if you are up for a road trip may we could do something.

Here’s my post about it with pics:
    https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?752...k-Weber-Kettle
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

I love that. I just wish I could find a used 26" kettle in our area for an acceptable price.
    Blue Genesis Platinum, Green Performer, Crimson One-Touch Premium, Fuchsia Q1200, 22" Kettle and a waiting for restoration.

TVWBB Member
    Stefan, the gent who bought it came from Denton and said he had 3 or 4 26s and offered to bring me them and the parts to build more of these.

I declined, not really being able to do the woodwork.

TVWBB All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Lew,
    I have been thinking hard about selling my very special 26” flat top, unused since I restored it. I won’t give it away having put high quality stainless grates,etc. on it. But I would rather see someone who will use and enjoy it have it. It looks like I am driving to Valdosta on August 24, so if you are up for a road trip may we could do something.

Here’s my post about it with pics:
    https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?752...k-Weber-Kettle
    PM Sent.......
    Lew
    Bunch of Webers, Smoke EZ, GMG Daniel Boone, White Thermapen MK4

TVWBB Platinum Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I’m just going to wait until I find one and then go crazy and visit my wife’s cousin for a day or two. He is an amazingly talented welder with a fully equipped shop and I mean fully equipped! I’m crossing my fingers about finding one and then sitting down with a sketch pad and see where it takes me!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12