Night Time Grilling - How do you illuminate?

Alan J Dublin

It's getting dark over here in Ireland these days and just wondering what folks use to illuminate their grills?

(Thinking of either a headlamp but am sure somebody has thought of some useful hacks for their Kettle...!)

All the best....:blackkettle:

Head mounted flashlight is your friend. You can use lanterns or grill mounted lights, but finally something that always has the light where you're looking is the best.

I use a 3 lite pedestal that can be turned in different directions because the grill aint the only thing needing lite,if no power a Coleman headlite with a band,about $18 I think and use it a lot for work when I need both hands

I like the idea of a head-mounted flashlight. Pat's idea is worth considering too.

I grill close enough to the house, I can use the outdoor lights.

I smoke and grill under a deck. I have icicle Christmas lights around the perimeter and down the middle. I answer to Red Neckerson when they're lit. :)

Gorgeous Alaska setting for your grilling! Definitely a continent apart from my South Florida location. I used to live in Chicago and would grill even in the winter, but I don't know if I could do as well way up there. (Of course, you would probably wilt on one of our 95/95 August days - 95 degrees & 95% humidity:(

I use this also and works great. Head lamps just end up covered with grease, especially grilling wings.

I have one of those, too, and definitely like its ability to stick to metal or clamp when you need it to. Works very well with focused light.

Back