Infrared Burner for Summit D6

CBVickrey

TVWBB Member
I have a 2005 Summit D6 with the infrared "rotisserie" burner mounted to the back wall of the firebox. I bought the grill used and this burner was in bad shape, I have never used it but I want to replace it and get it working.

The burner element is either melted or broken away (about 60% of it) and it will not light. Anyone know how to diagnose what is possible wrong? Obviously the burner needs to be replaced. But wondering what else or how I can tell?

Does anyone have a burner they want to sell, I have looked at the normal parts websites and they are about $75.

This grill is in great shape now and was when I bought it but for some reason this burner had been used a lot, I guess for the rotisserie?

Thanks in advance for any help!:redgenesis1:

Pics would help. From what I recall of the D6 that I rebuilt, the rotisserie setup is comprised of a ceramic burner, a gas line, a thermocouple, and a cover for the thermocouple. Also included would be the knob/valve and the ignitor switch down on the control panel. To check, I'd guess you could turn the valve on and hit the ignitor. If it doesn't light, then use a stick lighter and try to ignite where the gas comes out up at the burner. Basically, do the same things you'd do to test the fuel delivery / burners in the grill box. Long story short, you need gas to flow from the tank to the ceramic burner, a spark to ignite the flame and the burner to be intact.

Back