yep.....another aussie

Kevin Bull

hello fellow weber freaks,

thanks Chris for the add.

i was on here before, about 10 years or ago, at that time i had my bullet and a few kettles.

since then i stepped up and went to "the dark side" with traeger, and bought an evil stick burner LANG 84. and a kamado No5 early 70s model.

now, i have got rid of the traeger, i found it too dry for good ribs, and the hot rod kept blowing out, which gave me the chance to play with fire and feeling like i was using a real bbq, in the end i gave it away. the LANG.................well after doing a few street parties and a couple of weddings, it just sat in the garage. so, my butcher who smokes his own hams and bacons as well as making the best small goods eva, decided to build a bbq joint, and that is where it is now, i'm happy my big boy is getting used and i am getting major discounts on the best certified organic meats.

so...........what i have now is my old trusty bullet ( really i kid you not this just flogs the others when it comes to ribs and all the good things we like to Q ), a Q 2000 for total fire ban days, when all we can use is a gasser, and just one weber kettle. and that's it, all i ever wanted or needed, the other stuff was just silly.

what got me reinterested in the TVWBB site was a little gadget ( which hopefully arrives this week some time ) is the best accessory for your kettle. the "slow and sear", while i was doing research on it i was directed to this site on a few occasions and well....................i'm back.

so, thanks again Chris

kevin

Welcome back Kevin

When I was first researching equipment before buying (I'm sort of OCD about researching stuff before I spend my hard-earned moolah...) I THOUGHT that I wanted an offset stick-burner.
Fortunately, my tastes in equipment (if I was going to do it, I would have "needed" a heavy-guage, EXPENSIVE unit) prevented me from doing that

The Bullet seemed like a good compromise for quality / ease-of-use / results that people were getting. I have since learned to really appreciate my WSM and have not looked-back since.
It REALLY is one of the best choices for most people who want to get into real BBQ

Welcome back Kevin. In BBQ there are just too many neat toys to tempt us. That's a very versatile trio you have now.

Back