Performer Observation

Kirk A

TVWBB Member
Was cooking some burgers last night on my new style performer, and as I was approaching the grill, I noticed some smoke coming out from under the table area. Having never observed this before, when looking under the table, I saw smoke coming out of the propane venturi. Is this normal?

All the vents were wide open as well.

I think it's just smoke going back through the kettle bowl and out through the propane assist chute.

I haven't ever noticed this. Perhaps drippings are falling and burning under your charcoal grate. I use drip pans almost every time.

The air escape or entry is insignificant. I always reuse charcaol when close up all vents.

That sounds a bit odd, especially since you said all vents were open, so the natural draft headed upward. As I see it, smoke would have to be underneath the coals to enter that tube. I guess it could happen if the air in the tube was warmer than the kettle air, but conditions would have to be perfect.

I had a circa 2005 generation performer for a couple years, and don't recall seeing smoke exiting from that tube. This is the newest performer, if that matters at all.

Back