Tri-Tip Steak.... Prime Grade.

James N

TVWBB Guru
WMQlj7u.jpg

Last edited:
Some Prime Grade Tri-Tip that I grilled up last week. There's a huge difference between grades of Tri-Tip and here's the proof.

Some Prime Grade Tri-Tip that I grilled up last week. There's a huge difference between grades of Tri-Tip and here's the proof.

Looks great, no doubt, but when I hear Tri Tip I think Roast, not Steak. ...makes me wonder if it might have been mislabeled.

Since my dad passed this May.
. When I buy my Tri-Tip I cut them into Steaks instead of grilling up the whole roast... Just vac seal and est what I need

Clint it was cut off t the roast.

I've seen them a time or two already packaged in the meat case. Just seems to be an unusual cut to make steaks out of.... The Tenderloin (beef), Ribeye, T-bone----->>>>>>Porterhouse, strip, they're all 8-15 pounds ((rough estimate)) and uniformly shaped, whereas the tri tip is ~2.5# and an unusual shape. I wonder if I'd be more accepting of the idea of Tri-Tip steaks if it was a filet ~1/2" thick, kind of like a skirt steak.

Since my dad passed this May.
. When I buy my Tri-Tip I cut them into Steaks instead of grilling up the whole roast... Just vac seal and est what I need

oh you cut it yourself! I want one :)

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing.

I buy the whole roast from my local Abbitor ...I do like cooking the whole roast but know it's just me here and I much prefer just Grilling up a steak cut from the roast instead of doing the whole thing.

Thanks Clint I miss my dad dearly... Was his caretaker for 9+ years and it's just not the same without him.

That looks like some Snake River Farms stuff! The steaks look and sound great. Never thought to slice steaks out of Tri Tips. Sorry also for your loss. I lost my Dad a few short years ago and know the emptiness that's left behind.

Last edited:

Back