Movie Pass

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
https://www.moviepass.com/

I went & saw It last Saturday & my brother had this pass they just scanned & handed him a ticket. I paid $7 for my ticket.

$10 per month, one movie per day, doesn't matter which theater. Thought I'd pass it along.

Tix start at $11 or $12 around here. If I went to the movies more often, that'd be a great deal.

Looks like a great deal. For me not so much, haven't been to a movie in about 12 years or so. Can't stand all the rude yacking people on their cell phones or just talking.
Finally said no more.

Nor the super-hyped up movie that is "the best movie this year" because of the millions spent on advertising and turns out to be a "channel changer" but can't walk out cuz you spent $30 on (two) tx.

"Ghost in the Shell" comes to mind.

OTOH, I just saw "Get Out". Although the ending was kind of "bleh", I found the first 90 minutes quite "stimulating".

Seems like a good deal Clint. We don't go to too many movies. Gotten into streaming them, usually on Amazon Prime or Netflix. Wasn't too clear whether you can buy just one months worth or you have to commit to something like a year at $10/month. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

I saw that deal last month. Only problem here is the nearest theater is 20 miles away. The normal price is $3.50 before 5 PM and $10 for unlimited popcorn and soda for 2. I'd have to use all my popcorn money for gas.

How can the theaters make any money at that price? Very good deal.....

I remember reading the answer to this very question earlier this year.

If memory serves me correctly, the article stated that the prices the studios charge to "rent" the film it would take theaters 3 months of showings to make a profit on the film. Theaters make their money on the concessions.

I remember reading the answer to this very question earlier this year.

If memory serves me correctly, the article stated that the prices the studios charge to "rent" the film it would take theaters 3 months of showings to make a profit on the film. Theaters make their money on the concessions.

Yep, those $11 tubs of popcorn add up!

Back