Thread: 2018 Genesis II: Two New Grills

2018 Genesis II: Two New Grills

Some of this info was included in the 2018 Spirit Gas Grill Redesign, but wanted a separate thread for changes to Genesis II grills for 2018.

Changes to the line include a new 3-burner SE-310 for $749 (similar to the 4-burner SE-410 with enamel lid but stainless steel grates and Flavorizer bars) and a new 3-burner S-310 for $799 (same as the E-310 but with a stainless steel lid, grates and Flavorizer bars).

So in the 3-burner "sweet-spot" of the Genesis II line-up, there will now be four grill configurations:

E-310 (enamel lid, CI grates, PE Flavorizer bars)
    S-310 (stainless steel lid, stainless steel grates, stainless steel Flavorizer bars)
    SE-310 (enamel lid, stainless steel grates, stainless steel Flavorizer bars)
    S-340 LX (stainless steel lid, stainless steel grates, stainless steel Flavorizer bars, plus additional LX features)

CI = cast iron
    PE = porcelain enameled

Also starting in 2018, all Weber Spirit II, Genesis II, and Summit gas grills will get an improved 10 year warranty covering most parts. Previously, major components were covered for 10 years, stainless steel grates and Flavorizer bars for 10 years, porcelain-enameled grates and Flavorizer bars for 5 years, and all remaining parts for 2 years. And we’re told that this new warranty will be applied retroactively to all Genesis II models sold in 2017.

Thanks to TVWBB member Robert JS for providing much of this information!

Here are some pics:

Genesis II SE-310 LP

Genesis II S-310 LP
    Last edited by Chris Allingham; 10-03-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Corrected info on S-310

Happy to help Chris!

I do have one correction to make to your post: The Genesis II S-310 will have stainless steel guts, so it will basically be an SE-310 with a stainless steel lid.

I also have a couple other changes to the Genesis II line that I guess are worth noting. First, all natural gas grills will now include the two "tank enclosure" panels that are featured on the LP grills. I guess a common complaint from consumers purchasing a natural gas grill was that it looked incomplete without the panels on the right side. I never heard that one personally, but I guess it's up to each individual to decide if they want those on there. Second, there will now be a black (plastic?) tube to house the wires that run from the ignition to the battery pack. That's probably a good idea, and will give it more of a clean look. Lastly, all Genesis II LX grills will no longer be "pallet shipped". This year, similar to Summit gas grills, the Genesis II LX grills came mostly assembled besides for a few of the smaller finishes. Now, these grills will come just like Spirit and regular Genesis II grills where you have to assemble the entire grill. Personally, as a retailer, I prefer this as storing these "pallet shipped" grills can be pretty inconvenient.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert JS View Post
    Second, there will now be a black (plastic?) tube to house the wires that run from the ignition to the battery pack. That's probably a good idea, and will give it more of a clean look.
    Not knowing much about the system, and I know heat rises, but wouldn't plastic melt from the radiant heat? Color me inquisitive.
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Elwell View Post
    Not knowing much about the system, and I know heat rises, but wouldn't plastic melt from the radiant heat? Color me inquisitive.
    I'm not exactly sure what it's made out of, just guessing based off the picture I saw. You're probably right. I should know more later this week when I'm hoping to have some SE-310's in stock.

Just saw this on Weber.com regarding the improved warranty:

"10 Year, 100% Weber Guarantee

From casters to lid, it’s the warranty that won’t let you down. At Weber, we have your backs, not just your backyards in mind when we develop our products.

With the 10 YEAR, 100% WEBER GUARANTEE, should your product have any manufacturing defects within the 10-year timeframe, the part will be replaced at no charge to you—no hassles, just happiness.*

* Valid for Weber® Genesis® II series gas grills purchased January 1, 2017 or later. This warranty does not cover Genesis® series grills or Genesis® II series grills purchased prior to this date."
    Last edited by Robert JS; 10-03-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks Robert, I've corrected the info on S-310 in my original post.

If Weber is going to sell the LX models knocked down/assembly required, they ought to reduce the price a bit. My guess is that won't happen.

Regarding the upgraded warranty, here's the fine print from Weber's warranty page:

"10 Years (excluding normal wear and tear and subject to additional terms and conditions in the warranty)"

What will the "additional terms and conditions" be? Will Weber be generous or strict in their interpretation of "normal wear and tear"? We'll see...