Smash Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
It was Burger Night here at the house a couple of nights ago. I love all types of burgers, but my personal favorite, and my wife's, is Smash Burgers. I think it's the crust. Sided them up with some sweet potato fries, more like planks actually. Recipe called for large potatoes and of course I went literal again. Will use smaller potatoes next go around. A few pic's.

Cooked the potatoes until just soft on my camp stove.

enhance

Fixin's. Burger balls, 80/20, were 5.5 oz. each. Smash seasoning and smash sauce.

enhance

"Fries" ready to go. Brown sugar, cayenne, bp, cumin and pinch of ground cloves.

enhance

The 10 second smash.

enhance

Flip. Nice crust.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Whoops, forgot the smash seasoning.

enhance

Fries about done.

enhance

Plate.

enhance

enhance

Will be doing those again soon. Half way to the weekend. We're enjoying the cooler weather. Redding broke a 50 year record for the most recorded days exceeding 100 degrees in a season. 72 days this year. Hope that's not the new trend. Thanks for looking everyone

I'll take a plate like that anytime. Smash burgers are becoming our favorite way to do burgers also, great flavor.
We're getting some cooler weather now finally . We broke a record too, 15 straight days over 100 and that's at 5500 ft. hated all of those 15 days.

Back