Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shis Kebobs

Quote Originally Posted by DBono View Post
    Now to make the pic smaller?
    Another approach is to resize them as you upload them. I like to post photos at 1024x768 (I keep hi-res originals on my computer, not Imgur), so I upload them as 1024x768.

If you click your name at the top right and select "Images" you get the layout shown below. Click "Auto Resize" and select a smaller photo dimension. When you click "Add Images" and upload new photos, they'll auto-size to the size you selected.

Now that we've got the technical stuff out of the way...

London Broil is a horrible cut of meat, sorry to say. Very lean, very livery in flavor. Life is too short to buy, cook, and eat London Broil!

I have adapted this recipe several times with great success:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?316...s-Test-Kitchen

I used a nice top sirloin steak or skinless chicken breast and I stoop so low as to use bottled teriyaki marinade, not the marinades listed. The keys are:

1. Have a good quality metal skewer that prevents meat from spinning around (either a two-prong or flat skewer).
    2. Cut the meat and veg into the sizes specified, they cook faster and more evenly this way.
    3. Thread them onto the skewers in the order specified for good looks.

Here's a photo of a chicken version. Beef is done the same way. Maybe brush with more marinade during cooking for added flavor.

Chicken, orange pepper, onion, yellow pepper, chicken, red pepper, onion, orange pepper, chicken, yellow pepper, onion, red pepper, chicken. I spray with Pam to prevent sticking.

I often do entire skewers of pineapple chunks separately, then remove them to a serving bowl as a side to the kebobs. You can see some in this photo.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
    Top round is like flank or tri-tip. You really need to not overcook it and need to slice it against the grain after cooking. Not the best choice for kebabs as a result. Try any cut from the strip loin, short loin or tenderloin. Or my favorite: chuck top blade (flat iron).
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by K Kruger View Post
    Top round is like flank or tri-tip. You really need to not overcook it and need to slice it against the grain after cooking. Not the best choice for kebabs as a result. Try any cut from the strip loin, short loin or tenderloin. Or my favorite: chuck top blade (flat iron).
    Hi How about prime sirloin? My local market has sirloin steak on sale this week.
    Thanks Dan
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie- 2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
    Sirloin is a good choice. If Prime, even better.
    Kevin

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    A local chain grocery store used to cut tri tips for me at the same sale price of sirloin steaks.
    Now they use them for store made shish kabobs.
    Cooking a steak to well done is like killing the bovine twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    A local chain grocery store used to cut tri tips for me at the same sale price of sirloin steaks.
    Now they use them for store made shish kabobs.
    See what you did there Bob!?
    Geez
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by DBono View Post

]
    Hunk a Hunk a Burning Love...

Hi All The Prime sirloin came out pretty good, nice and tender, but I did miss the char..I didn't want to over cook to over cooks these.
    Dan

Last edited by DBono; 10-07-2017 at 05:40 AM.
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie- 2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12