Never seen one of this color before.

Not gold as in color, but gold as in Genesis Gold C model with stainless steel lid and side burner.

Based on the product catalogs I have, the Genesis Gold C had fold-up work surfaces on both left and right sides, so it looks like someone removed the work surface on the left of this grill.

I think this grill is probably a 2002/2003/2004 model. In 2005, the thermometer was mounted in the center of the lid, so a right edge thermometer mount means it's definitely pre-2005. The solid surface in the storage area is curious because in 2002 these grills were open on the bottom with a wire storage shelf, but by 2005 had a stainless steel enclosure. Perhaps someone stripped away the doors and side panels from a 2003/2004 grill, leaving a solid bottom panel. Or perhaps they replaced the wire shelf with a solid piece of metal and changed the tires on a 2002 grill.

2002 Genesis Gold C

uRP5lDI.jpg

Installing the left side table...if you can install it, you can also remove it!

pdHd0UI.jpg

2005 Genesis Gold C

p217R12.jpg

Here is mine. I have the stainless hood in the garage and use a redhead lid on it, makes it look a little older.

2004 Gold C had a solid bottom pan. Left side is missing completely from that grill, the side table and flip up table as well.

135711-1.jpg

Last edited:
Stainless steel been burnished by the (excess?) heat in the past. Just like "chrome" tailpipe tips get that colour after hot exhaust gases being passed through it over the years.

Not gold as in color, but gold as in Genesis Gold C model with stainless steel lid and side burner.

Based on the product catalogs I have, the Genesis Gold C had fold-up work surfaces on both left and right sides, so it looks like someone removed the work surface on the left of this grill.

I think this grill is probably a 2002/2003/2004 model. In 2005, the thermometer was mounted in the center of the lid, so a right edge thermometer mount means it's definitely pre-2005. The solid surface in the storage area is curious because in 2002 these grills were open on the bottom with a wire storage shelf, but by 2005 had a stainless steel enclosure. Perhaps someone stripped away the doors and side panels from a 2003/2004 grill, leaving a solid bottom panel. Or perhaps they replaced the wire shelf with a solid piece of metal and changed the tires on a 2002 grill.

2002 Genesis Gold C

uRP5lDI.jpg

Installing the left side table...if you can install it, you can also remove it!

pdHd0UI.jpg

2005 Genesis Gold C

p217R12.jpg

Thanks Chris, I'm sure you're correct. I don't have much knowledge of the gassers past 2000 year. I dabble in the earlier genesis grills not the later ones.

I agree with DaveW that it appears to be a partial 2004. Mine had the similar bottom pan that rotted away and I replaced it with the wire shelf from an earlier Gold model.

Back