New here...restoring a 2004 Genesis Silver B...Endcap issue

EKress

Been lurking for a couple of weeks after buying a 2004 Genesis Silver B, Natural Gas (part #6321001). Thanks to all for the terrific posts and advice. I have been having a ton of fun working on this grill and reading your restoration experiences.

I also made my first HUGE mistake and I am hopeful for some guidance on how to get out of my jam. I was attempting to pull the lid hinge pins (the ones with the cotter pin thru them) out. Hit them with CRC Marine lube and one moved freely. The other did not. So I hit it with a hammer...of course I broke the right end cap by doing so. So now I am wondering if these are available anywhere.

My research so far is not giving me hope. Spoke to Weber and they don't sell the endcaps for my model separately anymore (they used to)...you have to buy the whole lid for $316. They do not even have a part # for me.
The schematic says ("Part #99999 DO NOT ORDER THIS NUMBER! The original part for this item is no longer available.")

Does anyone have a potential source for me? Or does anyone have any experience with having an endcap welded? I can try and look for a shop near me in Northern NJ.

Or does anyone know if my model and year are compatible with other years/models. I asked Weber that question and they do not sound like they have that potential cross reference info.

Bought this for $25 so I have room to spend a bit, but over $300 for the lid is a non-starter for me.

Thanks to all. I am really going to have to start thinking before acting...

Patience is so hard to achieve!

I'd look for a donor grill. You can find them on Craigslist.

Although, someone here may have one for you too ...

Can you show me a part number stamped on your broken endcap so I could compare with what I have?

Last edited:
Unfortunately JKim, I don't think I can. I have the schematic for my grill but since Weber doesn't supply that part individually anymore it is listed as "Part #99999 DO NOT ORDER THIS NUMBER! The original part for this item is no longer available."
I asked Weber customer service for the discontinued part # and they do not have it in their system...an answer that surprises me to be honest.

Thanks Jeff. That isn't my part unfortunately. I did however just pull the part off the grill and it says:
P/N 87321
F-Silver B/C-EC1

Just an update on my search for a right hand side endcap and what I think I have learned, in the event it is helpful to others who are equally overzealous with a hammer.

My Grill is a Silver B 2004. After texting with a couple of Craigslist folks who have 2005 Silver B's it appears to me that the endcaps will not work for me b/c the 2005 lid handle is attached via bolts/screws THROUGH the endcaps. In the case of my 2004, the lid handle attaches to the endcaps from underneath. So the endcaps and handle are both different on the 2005 vs the 2004. I also believe that the Silver C 2004 would work, whereas the Silver C 2005 would not for the same reason.

What I do NOT yet understand is the part number stamped on my endcap (as "JKim in MA" so wisely pointed out to me). Mine says "P/N 87321" yet when I Google it, or enter it on Weber's site nothing comes up. It is like that part number doesn't exist. Whcih is odd to me.

For now I will keep searching Craiglist and Ebay and hope I get lucky. If anyone sees anything that helps please let me know.

Many thanks,
Ed

Ed, would you take a whole grill for $40 to get a nice green lid + right side swing table?

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/app/d/grill/6285386591.html

00303_em9BggBtS7_1200x900.jpg

Thanks Jkim. I emailed the poster on this item. Any idea if that lid would fit my model? Green would be sweet!

Or just get both end caps and handle from another Silver B. If the handle configuration is different, it won't matter. I believe the two different end caps will fit the same lid. Or just find a donor grill like the green head above. The lids themselves should be pretty interchangeable. I just finished rehabbing a green head just like the one pictured above. It has the two drop down tables as well. I am just waiting for the new flavorizer bars and grill grates to come in and it will be ready for a listing on craigslist.

Last edited:
They will. No difference on the bolt patterns only the way the handle is attached and some caps have studs integral

Back