Bought the iGrill 2 this weekend....

Willie (Green Bay)

TVWBB Member
I already own the Redi Check (Maverick) ET732, but i've been toying with going to an ATC system for my WSM.
So this weekend i bought the Weber iGrill 2 as something that has more bells and whistles compared to the 732 but far cheaper and less features than most ATC systems.

In general i liked how the iGrill 2 performed, just not sure if it's worth the $100.

The app did everything i wanted it to and i love that it's on my phone vs. a standalone device like the 732 as i always have my phone on me so it's not an extra gadget i need to keep in eyesight as i do things around the house. The alarms were also a big bonus for me.
I would like it if somehow i could get the temps to show on the lockscreen of my iphone somehow so that i don't have to open the app all the way.

As others have noted, the bluetooth distance isn't the best. I have my smoker on the backside of my house and from my bedroom on the 2nd floor and front side of the house (well within 300' but not eyesight), my signal was in and out throughout the night. If they somehow could change it to wifi instead, this would be a 5 star product. Do they make bluetooth "signal boosters" ?

With this said, on the fence if i'm going to keep it.
My 732 needs new probes so i may just reinvest in those and stick with that for now until Weber or someone else comes up with a reasonable wifi thermometer.

Willie;
ThermaWorks new Smoke now has that capability. The basic Smoke is $99.00. I have Smoke and am VERY happy with it compared to my Maverick 732 (the probes should last a lot longer and the unit is intuitive to operate). However, the Gateway unit that will allow you to use the Smoke with your Wi-Fi (for phone or computer, etc.) will cost you an extra $89.00. My Smoke is working well in my environment but so does my Maverick 732.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Last edited:

Back