Beef Plate Ribs - 2nd cook on my WSM

D. Dix

TVWBB Member
Cooked some beautiful beef plate ribs today, Franklin/Texas style! Very little trimming, light coat of Tapitio sauce, salt/pepper & some special seasoning & put them on at 12:30. 2/3 load, minion method, Weber briquettes. Left for a spa afternoon with my bride. Our 6th Anniversary today. Had no concerns whatsoever. Got temp up to 275, lid damper wide open, all lowers about 1/2 open. Got back at 5:00 pm from relaxing afternoon of hanging poolside at The Westin, awesome massage and all was well! The WSM IS SO EASY & CONSISTENT, ITS RIDICULOUS!!
Sprayed them down twice with ACV & checked every 1/2 hour until I took them
Off at 7:00pm. Just waiting on my wife to finish her work and DINNER IS SERVED!!
Got some pics to show.

bCiFinX.jpg

14UPkJ0.jpg

EQYTiAX.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking I'm gonna have trouble posting pics, but i'll try. Here you go. They were outstanding!!

I guess I'm not allowed to pose images to my threads? Never been a member of a forum like this so I don't know protocol. Sorry.

There shouldn't be any reason that you can't post pics. Are you using Imgur or something else?

I didn't realize you couldn't just copy & paste to your post. So, I'm trying to set up a link to dropbox which is what I've used in the past

I didn't realize you couldn't just copy & paste to your post. So, I'm trying to set up a link to dropbox which is what I've used in the past

Not sure how to do it from dropbox. I use imgur. But, get the "BB Code" from Dropbox. Copy that, paste it in your post and voila!

See if this works for ya'll. Let me know if it works.Thanks for the help.

14UPkJ0.jpg

EQYTiAX.jpg

bCiFinX.jpg

Last edited:
Success!!

Thanks for your help everybody with the pics. Check'em out!! Posted back to my original posting. Blessings!!

Plate ribs are one thing I had never smoked but wanted to. The day before this past Labor Day I visited my local BJs looking for something to cook for the holiday. As I got close the case where have the larger cuts of beef and pork I saw something I had never seen there before, several double packs of plate ribs. My search for something to eat was over. Let's just say there was some tasty eating on the holiday. I will be doing that again. Looking at your pics brought back some mouth watering memories. Nice job.

Jim

They were pretty awesome if I do say so myself! I can't sing enough praises on the WSM & Weber briquettes. It was so flipping easy!! In less than an hour, I had the cooker going, ribs on and up to temp and never looked back. If you're considering smokers, you won't be disappointed with the WSM. 18.5". It seems like I read that that size holds the most consistent temps of the 3 units. In only my first 2 cooks, I would have to say, ABSOLUTELY, NO DOUBT. Its truly a set it and forget it type of cooker, and well worth the $299, they regularly sell for. The fact I got mine for $269 out the door, was just a bonus.I will be watching for sales on the plate ribs and stashing some for another special occasion. Next, is BRISKET!! Getting excited!! GO NINERS!!

2017 WSM 18.5" :wsm22: 1980'S SMOKEY JOE :smokeyjoe: 1992 BLACK GENESIS :blackgenesis: 2008 SUMMIT S450 :summits650: 1990'S WEBER "GRILL N' GO"

Last edited:

Back