Honey Chipotle Chicken Quarters

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Saw this recipe last week from Malcom Reed. Decided to give it a try.

Seasoned the leg quarters with some AP Rub, Chipotle Chile Pepper and Cumin. Smoker running at steady 325. Pecan chunks for smoke.

enhance

enhance

Got some nice twice baked potatoes going using Gruyere.

enhance

Chicken getting up to around 160.

enhance

When they hit 170 basted with the Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce. Your favorite sauce blended with a couple of adobo peppers and honey.

enhance

Brought the legs up to about 175-180.

enhance

Threw on some corn while the potatoes were finishing up.

enhance

Baked this Walnut and Olive Sourdough earlier in the day.

enhance

Includes walnut pieces, kalamata olives, raw sunflower seeds.

enhance

Dinner time.

enhance

Hope you're all having a great weekend. T

What a great combo of flavors on this dinner Cliff. Honey Chipotle Chicken and the Gruyere cheese on the twice baked spuds...love it.

I was going to ask when you were starting your own restaurant Cliff but knowing how much work goes into doing meals like that, I won't and just say how good it all looks ;)

Great cook as always Cliff. Really went off the hook on this one. Chicken looks fantastic as do the taters and that bread is perfect.

Beautiful cook Cliff. I'm not a big bread guy, but home baked sourdough with walnut pieces, kalamata olives, raw sunflower seeds, that's ringing the bell. Looks amazing

WOW!!! Cliff you nailed that one way out of the ball park. Everything looks fantastic and I know tasted even better. Great job as always.:)

Back