Dual Weber's Today

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Pammi saw this recipe a few weeks ago and asked me to make it. Since today was the Panthers home opener of the season, what better to have for lunch!! Here is the recipe- http://www.wcnc.com/entertainment/television/charlotte-today/beer-brined-chicken-wings/469568220

I brined them for about 4 hours and used my baskets to centralize the heat. I put a couple small pieces of peach wood for extra flavor!

After about a half an hour, they looks like this! I put them directly over the fire to crisp the skin.
37115407682_041afdd5e0_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
And plated! Yes, that's home made blue cheese!!
36473629743_7be0a5ea9d_k.jpg
That's the beer I used to marinate the wings in.
Soooo good! Pammi even liked them, and she's not a big fan of grilled wings. She says I don't get the skin crisp enough. I think I got this one right, because she ate her share! :D Next time, more hot sauce in the brine.

At the same time, I broke out the WSM for dinner. We picked up some pork belly from our guy at the farmer's market. I cut a smallish chunk off and froze the rest. The chunk I cooked was seasoned with some Savory Spice Shop Mapuche seasoning, and onto the pit the same time I put the wings on.
37097062246_2dcf865624_k.jpg
4 hours at 225* later, and we had this!
36473628483_f51e196a2f_k.jpg
Another amazing meal! Pammi deep fried chunks of it to crisp it up and put it on home made tortillas with some cole slaw. Another soooo freaking good meal! Sorry, no plated pics of that one.
Thanks for looking everyone!!

Looks wunderbar :)

The trouble with our smokes is everything tastes so darn good, I don't want to wait till tomorrow to chow down ;)

Couple of nice looking cooks Phil. Good game day food. I see your Panther's won. Niners had a similar score, but on the losing end.

That's some great looking grub Phil. I love to get more than one Weber going at a time.

Back