So close I can taste it

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Thirty contests judged in NorCal, SoCal, and Nevada over 3 years, 2 months, 20 days. Cooked with a team at a contest. All that's left is to pass the online test for KCBS Master Certified BBQ Judge status. So close I can taste it!

cYmzqgk.jpg

Thats awesome Chris, what does the online KCBS Master Certified BBQ Judge status test consist of?

Congratulations Chris. I know... a little early, but I also know you'll zoom through the test with ease. Just study the CURRENT cbj class manual, very important... including the non-rule sections ;)

Bob

Thats awesome Chris, what does the online KCBS Master Certified BBQ Judge status test consist of?
I guess I'll find out when I take it! I've taken the online Continuing Education test 3 times, each time it presents a mix of 50 questions (multiple choice and true/false) and each time there's at least 1 question I didn't see in the previous test.

Based on Bob's comment, I'm gonna dig up my wife's 2017 CBJ class manual. :D

Chris,

Excellent. You can also download the current manual from KCBS. Same with the Contest Rep Advisory, which is found in the Resource section within the Continuing Education section.

Basically, one needs to know and understand all rules and regulations, all contest rep advisories, and have a good handle on any non-rules material that resides in the cbj manual.

Wishing you an Excellent Score, Chris !

Last edited:
Chris... Congratulations !!!!

Allingham, Chris - San Jose, CA, US [Master, TC]

21 CBJs in San Jose. But only 2 Master CBJS !!!

Last edited:
Chris... Congratulations !!!!

Allingham, Chris - San Jose, CA, US [Master, TC]

21 CBJs in San Jose. But only 2 Master CBJS !!!

Thank you, Bob!

Dang it, I missed two questions on the test and I don't know which ones. I'm pretty sure I know one of the questions...I initially had it right, overthought it, changed my answer. The other question, I have no clue what I got wrong. Kind of sticks in my craw, I put a lot of effort into trying to get a perfect score. Oh well...

Back