Another Rib Thread

Len Dennis

TVWBB Diamond Member
Here we go with 2 loin back ribs (7 lb total) and one outside/bottom round beef roast (3lb).
Using pecan and apple chunks.

Coiled up nice. Lots of room on the top rack.
omlFvQL.jpg

type
wlEwG29.jpg

using the "donut" method to lite the chimney
bZutYfM.jpg

after 10 minutes its ready to go into the WSM
H5X9bmZ.jpg

thermo's ready (room temp 73)
fkjeBCw.jpg

WSM up to 200 after 25 min and meat goes in. Finishing pics to come in 2hr for beef and 5 hr for ribs.

Edit: 2 hr mark and out beef comes. Trust me: it reads 131o
wTwvfLh.jpg

Finished product. No inside pics as it's cooling (overnight) in preparation for slicing tomorrow.
ms66Ali.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of good meat cooking. Ribs and roast going to have some great meals.

Been there done that, get busy and forget to take some pics. If only three small ones left that means it had to be good.

and give credit where credit is due: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?31442-Perfect-Peanut-Butter-Pie

Here's my wife Susan's recipe for peanut butter pie that took first (perfect 180) in dessert at Libertyville, IL.

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 8oz brick cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla (the real stuff please)
1 pint heavy cream (whipped to stiff peaks)
12 peanut butter cups, chopped
1 Oreo cookie crust
Extra whipped cream to serve with

Cream the peanut butter and powdered sugar. Add the cream cheese and mix well.
Add the vanilla to the cream and whip to stiff peaks.
Fold in the whipped cream in to the peanut butter mixture in three additions.
Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups, just enough to combine.
Spoon mixture into the Oreo crust.
Cool until ready to serve. Top each slice with more whipped cream and a mini peanut butter cup.

Kirk
Bunsen Burners
That peanut butter pie looks mighty tasty, will have to give that a go this Thanksgiving

That peanut butter pie looks mighty tasty, will have to give that a go this Thanksgiving

It is so worth it Chuck. Make sure you read my "adjustments" comment on page 2. Like I said, 7 lb of ribs for 4 with beans and slaw. I had 3 pieces of pie it is sooooo good :)

Back