"Underpowered" wing cook........

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
Used the small Vortex with a couple handfuls of KBB along with my Weber rack that the dogs went on.

Funny thing is that I used it in a 24" kamado. Everyone said I'd be underpowered.

The inferno center makes for a great spot to roll stuff around and crisp it up.....

Sting beans made with Don's Seasoning Delight, garlic, smoked salt & butter.

Weird meal, I know.....but had some random stuff that cooked together really well.

Using a light slather of mayo.....then dosing with Greek Rub and finishing on the grill with Plowboy's makes for the best wings I've ever made......according to the tribe. No heat, though....just good flavor.

Well, the makers of the Vortex recommends the small OR the medium for the 22.5" Performer. With the extra insulation of the
Kamado, I wouldn't have any doubt that either would work well with the Vortex for chicken wings.

The small one gives you more room for more chicken parts but smaller area to sear steaks and chops.

I went with the Medium and am very happy with my choice. However, the next guy may pick the small one and be happy with it.

I did add a home made Vortex to my Jumbo Joe for extra space if needed when I fill up the Performer with chicken parts, ABT's, Moinks, and "what have you" (say Bacon Wrapped Tator Tots:eek:). It has filled in admirably. Here is my post regarding the Home Made Vortex:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?67...umbo-Joe&highlight=Home+made+Vortex+Jumbo+Joe

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Dogs look killer, wings are as good as they get. Heck, even the string beans look fantastic. Excellent cook

Wieners, wings & string beans are some of life's beautiful things. Chili cheese dogs, too. Woo Hoo!!!

Used the small Vortex with a couple handfuls of KBB along with my Weber rack that the dogs went on.

I gotta admit, I misinterpreted this line and initially thought something much much different.

Back