Test Run for my new ATC...Pulled Pork

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Went through about two weeks of Wifi hell when my network modem went south... right about the time my new CyberQ Smoke arrived. Spent a lot of time on the phone with my internet provider getting things straightened out. Seems to be up and running just fine now so I wanted to do a test cook using the CyberQ help me get accustomed to it. Picked up a little 3 lb. pork but and threw it on my 18" WSM. Used some of my Chris Lilly's rub and some peach wood for smoke. Low and slow all the way after getting it on late in the morning. Took most of the remainder of the day. The CyberQ performed admirably. We went into town after I got it going and it's really pretty cool to monitor the cook from 15 miles away, and make any temperature adjustments if necessary with my Smart Phone. My plan was to just pull the butt and freeze for sandwiches down the road. My wife really liked the finished product so she used some of the shredded pork and made delicious Chile Rellenos for our dinner last night along with some Spanish Rice.

Here's the little guy all rubbed down.

enhance

On the 18.

enhance

Around 160ish.

enhance

A little later.

enhance

enhance

enhance

My wife's dinner.

enhance

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for looking.

I'd say the test run is a home run! That's some fine looking PP & an even finer looking chili relleno (rellenos being one of my favorite food groups).

Chilli rellone Spanish rice and pulled pork for your next meal... Can't go wrong with that supper.

Cliff;
VERY nice cook and certainly proved out your new acquisition (the CyberQ Smoke ATC).

I'm just a bit (not much, but a bit:rolleyes:) jealous!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

That looks mighty good.

I am still in awe of how steady my WSM runs with my Guru. +/- 2 degree swings is all I've seen.

I'd say your new ATC did the job quite nicely. Your wife makes a killer Chile Rellenos and Spanish Rice, the plated picture is fantastic (as is all the photos

enhance

Cliff, your pull pork looks delicious but you wife wins. That plated pic is awesome Chile Rellenos and Spanish Rice outstanding.

Back