Small grilling and big chilling......

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
This little Weber SmokeyJoe :smokeyjoe: is proving to be a handy little grill. It may make for a great addition for folks tailgating. It was right on time yesterday for me to end off a tough work week.

Heap of potential for different styles of cooking. I'e done burgers, dogs, steaks, wings, runners and big beautiful breasts on them. Added salmon to the list yessaday.

The legs on the table remove and store beneath the table, clicking into place in both positions. The base of the grill locks into the table for stability.

Little grill has hibachi convenience with much bigger range of performance.

Lit a handful of KBB briquets and put a couple pieces of cherry on top....added a few wood pellets for good measure and let it get hot. I used the 1/2 moon shaped Weber charcoal basket that fits beneath the grate. It literally uses just 6-10 briquets. Little grill is a miser.

Made a quick and easy balsamic sauce that my tribe freaks out over....it's insanely easy and is mighty tasty as a pizza sauce, wing baste, grilled vegetable dipping sauce and etc.
*3/4 cup balsamic vinegar in a saucepan coming to light boil
*3 tbsp white sugar stirred in
*2+ tsp fresh ground black pepper
*2 tsp merlot
*Italian seasoning to taste
*stir constantly on low boil/simmer until it's reduced in volume by 1/2. Brush it on whatever you like.

I used a cedar plank for this cook....simply because I still have a few. A pan would work just fine.

Brushed on some balsamic sauce on the plank and added a small amount of smoked salt to the surface....laid the salmon fillet over the sauced plank....skin side down.

Brushed on some more balsamic sauce over the top side of the fillet and added a big ole glob of herb butter.

Plank went on the grill offset from the coals when I got the phone call that wife's eta was 10 mins from the hacienda.

Served with a kale salad.

It wasn't turrable.....

Fine looking meal...I wouldn't be with out a SJ there great little grill's.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone......gonna fire up a grill soon and cook some dinnertime eats.

Just got home from the movies with my son....saw Stephen King's "IT". Scary clown. Now I gotta watch the clown who is coaching my team, lol.

I've heard mixed emotions on the legs and how sturdy they are or are not on the table. How was you experience with them? Wobbly?

looks tasty! My SMJ travels with us all the time. It's my go to bbq even at home.

Yessir!! I just did some wings on my Jumbo Joe and a homemade vortex,, It is a fine cooker! As usual,,,, that grub is looking might fine there Dub!

Back