Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Steve Munster

3rd cook on my "new to me" WSM 22 inch. Was on another forum and saw a link to a video for Pork Belly Burnt Ends and pork belly was on sale for $2.99 a pound, so no brainer.
Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL82hlORY-k

Followed it to the "T" except used Bad Byron's and Head Country BBQ sauce, WSM held steady at 275 all afternoon. I know that calling them "Burnt Ends" isn't politically correct, I DO know these were insanely good! Very rich so 2 or 3 is all I could eat in one sitting, but very good. Even made a "Burnt End" panini with cole slaw and pickles!

Here are a few pictures of my version.

Sliced up

watch

Seasoned up

H0slGh6.jpg
[/IMG]

Smokin along

r0Aki0A.jpg
[/IMG]

Sauced up

FVFeTEB.jpg

Steve, get out of my head, and over to my BBQ... I don't know how long it's been since someone did PB-BE's, but there's your post. And those are some mighty fine PB-BE's too. If mine turn out half as good as yours, I will be thrilled. I have a buddy who I haven't seen in 25+ years, due to arrive at midnight. I thought....I know pork-belly burnt ends. Man... I hope he doesn't see your post, I don't think mine will be worthy. Here's mine going on at 7:15PM, with a target of midnight....

2F099995-590E-44A5-8FE4-0A3BF7972CF3_zpsnqqf0koh.jpg

Wish me luck, if I can get half as good as yours, I'll be thrilled

Man those look great. Gonna have to try son as well. I'm worried about adding brown sugar and honey. Tried that once on ribs and hated it.

Back