Howdy Doo Y'all from Atlanta

LanceW

Hey there,

I'm Lance from the ATL, A-Town, Hotlanta and I'm a novice griller/smoker. I must confess that I've eaten a lot of BBQ good and bad, mostly bad and due to that I felt a bit intimidated when I first started. This forum, and a few other resources, have been in invaluable. This forum helped me understand the interaction between air intake, exhaust and the amount/placement of the fuel; armed with that info the Weber kettle does the rest. I'm currently using an 18.5" OK along with a 22.5" MT I added two months ago. Before the Webers we used an el cheapo gasser, mostly used by my son to cook(read over cooked or burned) many meals, if you can call them that.
The bottom line is that I don't think this is going to turn out good at all as I'm already on the hunt for an older kettle and I'd eventually like to add a restored or DIY resto Genesis redhead gasser. There was a redhead on the Atlanta Craigslist a couple of weeks ago that sat, but when I made my move it was gone. I have a sneaky suspicion that it might have went to someone here. Whoever it was, enjoy.

Welcome aboard Lance. It sounds like you have the Weber Bug. Browsing Craigslist won't cure you but it will help you find good deals. Be very careful. Now and then a WSM pops up at a great price. :wsm:

Back