q utensils

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
I bought a set of q utensils today on sale.
I think I figured out how they are stored but can't find a pic of them stored. Anyone got a pic or site that shows how it's done ? Thanks,

They make a set of utensils specifically for the Q? Now you've got my attention! Someone please post a pic..
Tim

They go under the table like this:

8BneJWK.jpg

I think you fold both tables over onto the grill surface into the stored position, then slide the tools into the table as shown and close the lid.

Ok, I figured it out correctly. I played with it a bit late last night. Putting them in as shown first is easier but not that much to make a real differance. Mine came with leather loops and they seem to get in the way a bit. Otherwise, I'm happy. Can't wait to get them dirty.

Well, used the tongs tonight. They worked.
not sure I like the teeth on the ends. The leather loops are handy to let the tools hang from the tables. I'm sure I can live with that. I suspect that most times they will not be stored as pictured, just nice when transporting I suppose. Mine are not as pictured. Mine has the q emblem punched in the flat area. But considering the price I paid for the set I'm good to go. I suspect I will have to grind a bevel on the front of the spatulla as the end is just flat and could just be a hinderance.

Cleaned the tongs today. The teeth make it a bit harder to clean. Not a biggy but harder than my cheap regular wm tongs.
will use it a few more times before deciding to grind off one set of teeth. This would allow me to easily slide under what I'm cooking to turn it over.

Ok, used the q tongs again and found 2 issues. One is that the steel is not springy enough. I bent the arms out a bit so they would open up a bit more but they just went back to the original position after a few squeezes. Kinda surprised and bummed about that. Secondly, the little teeth are a bother, at least to me. Just can't slide one side under the meat to get a good grip. So I will be grinding the teeth off one side. Also I did finally grind a slope onto the spatula and it now goes under the burgers rather than pushing them. Still glad I bought the set but if ya wanna save some bucks, just buy a cheap set of tongs from walmart and a cheap metal spatula.

Back