End of the Summer Pizza

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We decided on pizza the other night. I made the dough in the morning using the recipe Rich G posted a while back. It's a 50/50 blend of Caputo and AP Flour. Got the KP fired up and went to work.

Mushroom, Olive and Salami.

enhance

Ham and Pineapple.

enhance

My wife's request.

enhance

Here goes.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Sloppy plate but pretty darned good pizza.

enhance

Have a good week everyone. Fall is just around the corner! Thanks for looking.

Are you sure it's end of summer? I know I'm done with it, I have to believe you have to be even more done with it than I. Some wonderful pizzas Cliff. Can I get this with Anchovies please :)

enhance

Oh..... those look so goood! I'll have 1/2 the first one & 1/3 of the other two. Please.

What kind of salami did you use?

That ham and pineapple got my attention, that's my favorite pizza. The others look great too.
Bet you're glad to see this hot Smokey Summer come to an end. Barb and I will be glad to see fall weather also. Here's wishing you cool breezes coming shortly.

Awesome job on the pizzas. I'd take some of each and then go back for more. :) Looking forward to cooler weather, it can't get here fast enough.

Are you sure it's end of summer? I know I'm done with it, I have to believe you have to be even more done with it than it.

I'm ready for sure. Still hot here. 105 here on Monday and 101 yesterday. Today is supposed to be the cool down day.

Oh..... those look so goood! I'll have 1/2 the first one & 1/3 of the other two. Please.

What kind of salami did you use?

Busseto Robert. Found it at Winco.

Here's wishing you cool breezes coming shortly.

Same to you and Barb, Rich.

Great pies, Cliff. Glad that dough is working out to your liking (or at least until you run out of Caputo 00!) :) I need to fire up for some pizza again soon!

R

Great looking pizza. Not sure I'm ready for the end of summer but I am for sure ready for this heat to go away.

If you turn the grate upside down, while cooking pizzas, the handle wont be in your way. Also if you have a hinged grate, the hinged part falls in ward leaving an opening to add more coal/wood to the fire. I just place a split on the stone and push it back 'til it falls in.

Great looking pizza. Not sure I'm ready for the end of summer but I am for sure ready for this heat to go away.

If you turn the grate upside down, while cooking pizzas, the handle wont be in your way.

Thanks Ken. Actually I started off that way intentionally so I could load a huge oak split just before putting the pizza on by pulling the hinged portion up. I had my briquettes stacked high against the back ring and the downward swing of a inverted hinged grate wouldn't have opened all the way. Next time I'll knock down the coals enough to accomplish the downward swing. It was indeed a PITA on the first pizza, that's why I changed it as best I could on the other two. Good advice. Thanks.

Its been so long since I've posted...I forget, can I curse on this forum..because holy sH!t that looks amazing...I've wanted one of those pizza kits for a while and you just sold me.

I had to come back to this thread because I have to believe, this is the best pizza thread of 2017. This is a tough act to follow, the only possible way to beat it, is a pizza with everything, including anchovies.... :)

Back