Photo Bucket fix

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I saw this on another site and thought I'd share here. If you have photo bucket issues and your photos aren't showing in a post, simply edit the post by replacing '.jpg' with '.jpg~original'. Not sure how long it will last but it works for the time being.

2 cool & a BIG THANKS!!!!

I'm going to spread the word.

Maybe Chris could make this a sticky in every forum?
Folks could "save" their most important posts.

Last edited:
I saw this on another site and thought I'd share here. If you have photo bucket issues and your photos aren't showing in a post, simply edit the post by replacing '.jpg' with '.jpg~original'. Not sure how long it will last but it works for the time being.

There seems to be a problem with that though. When I find a post of mine with a bricked photo, I go into it to edit it, it doesn't give me the original url I used. It gives me the same B.S. pic we see in the finished post.

There seems to be a problem with that though. When I find a post of mine with a bricked photo, I go into it to edit it, it doesn't give me the original url I used. It gives me the same B.S. pic we see in the finished post.

That's interesting. I did it to a few pictures in a cpl of my posts and it worked great. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

This is one that was blocked but now I can view the photos: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?64...Onions-and-Roasted-Potato&p=713146#post713146

Last edited:
got a link to one of the posts Dwayne? I read on a vette site that they tried it but because the link still goes to the p.b. site, it didn't.

Well.... I added the extension for Chrome & I can see Photobucket pics on page 51 in the photo gallery. Pretty cool.

Crap, I can too. Never thought to check that far back. I "fixed" around 15 of my posts using Dwain's tip and never thought to check older threads I hadn't tried. I could see every one of the random threads I checked back to page 51 and could see all but one.

Well, I did it! I restored every PB picture I've ever posted since joining in 2014 by utilizing Dwain's tip. Took me about three weeks working on it a little each day. It was tedious but a lot of fun as well. It's kind of like a photographic journal and I'm glad to have it back, even if I lose it again the next time PB gets a wild hair. I enjoyed looking at my old cooks, well some of them anyway. I was amazed at all the members that no longer post or not that often, just in my relatively short time on the Forum. Thank you Dwain for sharing

Finally took the time to figure out why I kept getting their B&W garbage pic. I do most if not all work on my tablet--in desktop view. When I edit a picture post, I see that placeholder.

I took it back to mobile view, added the---> ~ original <--- to the end of the pic url and voila=====>IT WORKS.

Now I can offer thanks Dwain :D

New twist: it works MOST of the time. But I've come across posts I've made on other sites that it works like 90% of the time but there are some pics that it doesn't work.

Any ideas Dwain ?

Back