Thread: Midwest Stainless Grates Genesis

TVWBB Fan

Midwest Stainless Grates Genesis

I came across these in Amazon appears to be a new product earliest reviews August. They are 8mm bars looks like but my eyes are not what they used to be 18 across so they must be spaced pretty close. Asked a question on the spacing see what they say.

Price is good all 5 reviews good and that ain't much but they have not been around more than a month.

Midwest Hearth Stainless Steel Cooking Grids for Weber Genesis and Spirit Barbecue Grills 7527

Brian

TVWBB Super Fan
    Good find. Rcplanebuyers in eBay are 9mm - 3/8 inch but cost more.
    -------EP-330, DD Performer, Jumbo-Joe, 14" WSM, GWGA-------

I admit to being an rcplanebuyer fan, but these do look good. Frankly I can't see that my original EP-330 grates will ever need replacing even after having been heavily used year-round multiple times every week for 5 years. If you are replacing PCI grates, I would say it would be worth a try. Worst case might be that these are low quality SS (where rcplanebuyer uses only the best quality 304 stainless) and you may need to replace them again.

I will say though, that should i ever WANT new grates, I will order from rcplanebuyer if at all possible. Just today I have new flametamers on the way from him after developing pin holes in the original SS flavorizor bars (remember, 5 years heavy use). Like the heavier grates, the flametamers are heavier gauge stainless.
    UNC Tar Heel '69, '75 -- now Woodworker, grandfather
    Weber Genesis EP-330, Weber Smoky Mountain 18.5, Weber Q-1200

There's also the 5/16" 304SS solid rod grates from bbqparts.com that I know at least 2 members here are using:

$90+$9 shipping. They are also made in the USA if that matters to you.
    Last edited by JKim in MA; 09-14-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    2002 Genesis Silver B, 2004 Genesis Gold C, 1996 Genesis 1000
    Projects: Genesis 1000, Genesis Silver B, Genesis 1000

Quote Originally Posted by JKim in MA View Post
    There's also the 5/16" 304SS solid rod grates from bbqparts.com that I know at least 2 members here are using:

$90+$9 shipping. They are also made in the USA if that matters to you.
    I have the stainless for grates from bbq parts in my genesis A. I really like them. Not quite as heavy as the rcplaner ones in my genesis 1000 but they are still heavy and we'll made and seem like they will last many years.
    Weber Genesis 1000, Weber Genesis Silver A

TVWBB Fan
    Thanks J and Greg yes I did see those in a thread from Greg. I asked a few question on Amazon about these and they are not 304 like the bbq so the bbq for 15 bucks more most likely a better deal.

Greg and all, bbq also sells the channel in 304 for 44 bucks are those channel stainless just a bad experience the reason I am asking as not sure since I am missing some parts for my rebuild that I can live without for the time being whether the channel stuff would work okay at least get it up and running for the wife since the old charbroil is falling apart. Its a question of how much I put into this for the time being when I know its probably not the final result but for my wife sure she could care less. She would not know the difference.