Midwest Stainless Grates Genesis

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
I came across these in Amazon appears to be a new product earliest reviews August. They are 8mm bars looks like but my eyes are not what they used to be 18 across so they must be spaced pretty close. Asked a question on the spacing see what they say.

Price is good all 5 reviews good and that ain't much but they have not been around more than a month.

Midwest Hearth Stainless Steel Cooking Grids for Weber Genesis and Spirit Barbecue Grills 7527

Brian

I admit to being an rcplanebuyer fan, but these do look good. Frankly I can't see that my original EP-330 grates will ever need replacing even after having been heavily used year-round multiple times every week for 5 years. If you are replacing PCI grates, I would say it would be worth a try. Worst case might be that these are low quality SS (where rcplanebuyer uses only the best quality 304 stainless) and you may need to replace them again.

I will say though, that should i ever WANT new grates, I will order from rcplanebuyer if at all possible. Just today I have new flametamers on the way from him after developing pin holes in the original SS flavorizor bars (remember, 5 years heavy use). Like the heavier grates, the flametamers are heavier gauge stainless.

There's also the 5/16" 304SS solid rod grates from bbqparts.com that I know at least 2 members here are using:

IMG_0870%20%28Medium%29.JPG

$90+$9 shipping. They are also made in the USA if that matters to you.

Last edited:
There's also the 5/16" 304SS solid rod grates from bbqparts.com that I know at least 2 members here are using:

IMG_0870%20%28Medium%29.JPG

$90+$9 shipping. They are also made in the USA if that matters to you.

I have the stainless for grates from bbq parts in my genesis A. I really like them. Not quite as heavy as the rcplaner ones in my genesis 1000 but they are still heavy and we'll made and seem like they will last many years.

Thanks J and Greg yes I did see those in a thread from Greg. I asked a few question on Amazon about these and they are not 304 like the bbq so the bbq for 15 bucks more most likely a better deal.

Greg and all, bbq also sells the channel in 304 for 44 bucks are those channel stainless just a bad experience the reason I am asking as not sure since I am missing some parts for my rebuild that I can live without for the time being whether the channel stuff would work okay at least get it up and running for the wife since the old charbroil is falling apart. Its a question of how much I put into this for the time being when I know its probably not the final result but for my wife sure she could care less. She would not know the difference.

Old thread I know but mine came today and I'm impressed.
They're fat and heavy just like me. :)

I came across these in Amazon appears to be a new product earliest reviews August. They are 8mm bars looks like but my eyes are not what they used to be 18 across so they must be spaced pretty close. Asked a question on the spacing see what they say.

Price is good all 5 reviews good and that ain't much but they have not been around more than a month.

Midwest Hearth Stainless Steel Cooking Grids for Weber Genesis and Spirit Barbecue Grills 7527

Brian

I posted a thread on these about a week or so ago: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?78802-New-entry-into-the-SS-Rod-Cooking-Grate-competition

Jon has actually purchased a set and confirmed what was in several feedbacks that they are really about 7.4 mm rods. But more rods per grate than some of the other similar offerings and still thicker than the standard 7mm. Oh, and they are magnetic, so more likely 430 stainless and not 304.

Yep, what Bruce said sums it up. I do think they are decent, just a different route toward offering better features at a mid-level price. If you like tighter spacing, and don’t mind that they are 430 stainless (I am ok with that based on other grate experience) you might prefer these over Hongso or Qulimetal based on all three being close in price.

These are not nearly as good as the bbqparts.com ones referenced by JKim and Greg above. Those are true 8mm and US made 304 stainless. But, they also cost more (though less than “rcplanebuyer” grates).

Last edited:

Back