Boston Butts on sale

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
A friend called and told me that the local IGA had Boston Butts on sale for .99 a lb. Yeah, that's less than a dollar a pound. We went down and I picked up three 8.0-9.0 lb. bone in butts. The new Kroger ad is out and they have a similar ad that starts in a few days (watch the dates in the fine print).

Pork and chicken prices seem to be at a real low, right now. If you have a freezer, now is the time to stock up! My wife picked up large eggs at Aldi's for $.46 dozen and milk was less than $1.50 a gallon... We cannot store lots of eggs and milk, but, with a freezer, we can sure do so with chicken and pork!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53

A friend called and told me that the local IGA had Boston Butts on sale for .99 a lb. Yeah, that's less than a dollar a pound. We went down and I picked up three 8.0-9.0 lb. bone in butts. The new Kroger ad is out and they have a similar ad that starts in a few days (watch the dates in the fine print).

Pork and chicken prices seem to be at a real low, right now. If you have a freezer, now is the time to stock up! My wife picked up large eggs at Aldi's for $.46 dozen and milk was less than $1.50 a gallon... We cannot store lots of eggs and milk, but, with a freezer, we can sure do so with chicken and pork!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53

Our local (20 miles away) Aldi's has eggs for 37 cents. (Next week everyone get free chickens!)

Great prices for butts...bone-in I assume? I've tried boneless a couple of times before, but they just don't taste the same as bone-in. My guess is some of the best parts are missing.

The main freezer is about full to the gills. $160 for T-bones last week and 20# of self-ground burger kind of did it. The 2 fridge freezers are stocked up pretty good too.

Back