Smoked boneless chicken breast

Fred BW

TVWBB Fan
For whatever it's worth I tried the recipe for smoked boneless chicken breast here on this websight pretty much to a tee. With the exception I bought big ones as opposed to the cheaper frozen ones you buy in bulk.
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/chicken5.html
I have a Smoke temp probe and took them off right when they hit 160. Mine must have been bigger then the recipe,because it took over an hour and a half to hit 160. I was kind of wondering/worried what I was going to do with all that breast meat. but sat down with just some BBQ sauce and tater chips. man they sure turned out good. I kind of had ideas of using them in burritos,or chicken sandwitches. But they are just fine all by themselves. If anybody has been on the fence about trying this,I say what are you waiting for. Fire up the smoker.:)

Congrats on another successful cook. I Chris's hot and fast chicken idea when I did boneless skinless breasts and thighs and they came out great. After Irma passes I will take your suggestion and fire up the smoker. :wsm:

The storm bands are passing away as I type, but we came through Irma, OK, except for occasional damage caused by large trees.

In light of the storm (needed the propane tank refilled just in case), I grilled some leg quarters on my gas grill for the first time in years.

I'll be cooking a batch on the WSM soon though!

Last edited:
These are pretty good as well as those boneless turkey breasts that are found in the freezer section -the bone-in breasts too. No brining when I did mine.

Back