Pressure is not right

Doug Gadsby

A couple weeks ago, my grill started doing weird things. The grill is a Summit and is 5-6 years old. Never had a problem til now. When I light the first burner, it flares up like a blow torch. Then each subsequent burner is lit and all of the burners are running at very little flame. My grill will only go up to 300F max and I can't get any btu s to the searing burners. I have bought new tanks, replaced the regulator and cleaned and inspected all the burners. Anyone out there know what's going on?

Assuming this is an LP (not NG) grill. Typically when this happens it's due to the Excess Flow valve (or whatever the silly thing is called) being tripped and reducing flow. Turn everything off. disconnect the tank, reconnect and then open the tank valve S>>>>L>>>O>>>W>>>>>L>>>>Y. Then turn on only one burner and light it. Follow with the remaining burners. Failing this something may be clogging the burners themselves, or you can have a bad regulator.

Just had the same thing happen to me on a two burner spirit. Light the front burner seems to be fine light the second burner and they both went to a very low flame.
Bad regulator.

The newer regulators have a flow regulator built into them,letting all pressure off of it then like posted turn on very slowly,it happens more often on a freshly filled tank

I wanted to add something. I first tried to change out a regulator and did with a non-Weber regulator, and it did not function properly. I got my Weber regulator last night (via amazon) and installed it. It works great!! Thanks for the advice!!

Back