Wall mounted charcoal bin?

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I have been considering getting a wall mounted dog food bin for charcoal dispensing. Has anyone here found one which has been a success? Amazon has one for about $30 and one for over $100, just wondering whether or not any of you good folks can either save me some money or persuade me to spend too bloody much.

Good grief, I can see the "Gyro Gearloose" modifications laying out in front of me!
Auger feed, horizontal dispensing, adjustable measurement, the mind boggles!
I my regret starting the thread!
An auger in a 55 gallon drum, add a hopper lid......
I better just stick with bags, that might get weird!

Last edited:
After looking up food dispensers, I have come to the conclusion that I would need a homemade one on rollers to move around. Just not enough wall space available to me. Kind of like 4 dispensers, so you can choose your preferance at any given time

Like George said it depends on logistics. For me, it's easier to carry a bag of charcoal to where I'm working compared to one chimney.:)

Tim

After looking up food dispensers, I have come to the conclusion that I would need a homemade one on rollers to move around. Just not enough wall space available to me. Kind of like 4 dispensers, so you can choose your preferance at any given time

George: I'm a HUGE fan of dolly's. If it's not big enough I just take them apart and use the longer ends for new short ones and cut a 2X4 to size for length and assemble.

I have dolly's for my chest freezer (keezer = keg + freezer, for beer), upright freezer (food) and my WSM 22.5".

The one from "Gun Dog Supply" looks like a good one, pull lever hopper gate and scoop, but, I can carry bags for another ten years for fifty bucks.
I need to make dollys for a couple of other things Bill, thanks for adding to my project list! Drat, I was hoping for an afternoon to smoke something! Now, its paint trim, make dollys, prep snowblower, clean gutters, finish the guest room and put down a rug! This week is shot!
:D
Ooh, I need to get the dispenser and mount it on a dolly, with a chute to directly load the WSM! I may have to join the Rube Goldberg society for addled grillers!!!

Last edited:

Back