Genesis 1000 series Manifold

RayM

Are any old Genesis 1000 series manifolds are made out of brass completely?? I am not talking about the valves but the frame and the brackets as well?? I came across one that looks like complete brass with no black paint at all.............

I have two and they both are black and I don't think they are all brass underneath the paint

Attached is the photo to the manifold. I also did a test using a magnet and answer my own question. The result is that it's not brass since magnet sticks to the metal. My thought of the yellowish is rust build up over period of time and it eats away the black paint. Oh well

a0Q7S3L.jpg

Attached is the photo to the manifold. I also did a test using a magnet and answer my own question. The result is that it's not brass since magnet sticks to the metal. My thought of the yellowish is rust build up over period of time and it eats away the black paint. Oh well

Used to live up north in Falmouth, cape cod, see you are in New Jersey near the ocean maybe the salt corrodes everything. My thought is spray with simple green rub it down with 0000 steel wool hit it with the ultra and you should be good.

Brian

Wire brush the rust if you have a build up on parts of that manifold actually guessing the members would tell you to start that way then go to the steel wool. Nothing you can not fix.

Might consider using a "rust cure" coat first, like POR. Look it up. Or, get another manifold that isn't rusted away, sometimes "donor" grills are cheaper and easier than doing all the work. It just depends on your situation and what you want to do with the grill.

Slainte!

Thanks guy, I plan to clean off the rust and then spray paint black and wait for a donor grill to swap out parts in the future.

Back