The Dirty shoe

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Well we've been socked in with smoke for a couple months now. Figured I might as fire up the 14 and add some more smoke into the air.

KBB professional, cherry wood side light method.

36249392164_7141e6e657_c.jpg

Decided to make meatloaf as I've been craving meatloaf sandwiches.

4 pounds 80/20, two cups cook quinoa(had 4 garlic cloves minced in it) mixed with grated cauliflower, squirt of mustard, pepper salt, onion powder.
2 eggs

That's it keeping it simple as the boys aren't into hot spicy things right now.

Might brush one with BBQ sauce.

14.5 WSM top rack, water pan foiled for drippings no water. KBB Professional with cherry wood.

Should mention the loafs are resting on AmazeN Smokers Q-Mats.

36688326580_342b9c057f_c.jpg

Weber updated the iGrill app again. They added back in the range feature which is nice. The app is still clumsy (for lack of a better word) to use. If you set the wrong temp or want to change the final temp you want you have to turn off that probe then restart it. Which loses all your data you might have been tracking. Connectivity is still an issue. Even with the phone right by the transmitter I was losing the connection.

36271179623_97ebaa2ccb_c.jpg

36249376824_c547c83024_c.jpg

36914187742_f846526a72_c.jpg

Now onto the Dirty Shoe. The What??

Bacon fried English muffin bread, over easy or over medium egg, bacon, slice of meatloaf = The Dirty Shoe!

You cannot substitute the English muffin bread or use a scrambled or broke yolk egg. If you do its not a dirty shoe!

37084431705_799349b0be_c.jpg

36896159366_ebdac540d5_c.jpg

36271172703_6cde925ce1_c.jpg

36249352534_f8b6b089b4_c.jpg

36271168433_f79e0056a0_c.jpg

Nice combination on the meatloaf's, I 'm sure Barb being the queen of the meatloaf's will chime in also. I like that "dirty shoe" Barb makes a killer English muffin bread, we will be giving that a try.

Nice combination on the meatloaf's, I 'm sure Barb being the queen of the meatloaf's will chime in also. I like that "dirty shoe" Barb makes a killer English muffin bread, we will be giving that a try.

Thank you Rich! It was really tasty. My wife said I have to eat salad tonight to make up for the gut bomb! Don't tell her I'm going to sneak home for lunch and have a meatloaf sandwee!

I see why you've been craving meatloaf sandwiches Case. Now I'm craving one too. Looks delicious. We actually had a couple of hours of a nice steady rain this morning. Probably won't help with the smoke but should get our humidity out of the single digits!

I see why you've been craving meatloaf sandwiches Case. Now I'm craving one too. Looks delicious. We actually had a couple of hours of a nice steady rain this morning. Probably won't help with the smoke but should get our humidity out of the single digits!

Thank you!

A friend in San Fran said it was raining there. We are supposed to have thunder storms this afternoon. Hopefully there's a bit of rain and not just dry thunderstorms. We sure don't need any lightning!

Case I love the meat loaf but that dirty shoe is the one. WOW!!! Going to have to give that one a try, thanks for sharing that with us.

Case I love the meat loaf but that dirty shoe is the one. WOW!!! Going to have to give that one a try, thanks for sharing that with us.

Thank you Barb!

It's the best shoe I've ever ate! I have to admit I over cooked the egg just a tad bit. I like a good drippy yolk. What drippy yolk there was absorbed right into the English muffin bread.

Still was fantastic!

My next project. Sounds easy.

Yeah it was super easy. I tore apart a free pallet and used the boards to make the frame. Had the paver from a sample board we did at work for an architectural review. Blue paint wood glue and the nails for the nail gun were my only expense.

I've never heard of that sammy, but it sure looks good. Actually, I've never heard of English muffin bread - had to Google that.

I've never heard of that sammy, but it sure looks good. Actually, I've never heard of English muffin bread - had to Google that.

Thank you!

We've called this sandwee the Dirty Shoe for ever! Never had English muffin bread! You need to remedy that!

Back