I'm addicted. First smoke ever today.

Kyle L

As another post or 2 have stated I decided to spend my labor day learning a new skill. I went ahead and did the BRITU ribs recipe and I fell in love at first bite (pardon my crappy jokes) took a tad longer than I anticipated but I suspect it was because my ribs were a little over 2lbs each and my temps never spiked I stayed at @225-235 for the full 4 hours and I opened the vents a little more at the end to try and speed it up at 4.5-5hrs. Wife and I were getting hungry 😁. Any how thank you all for the great knowledge and tips on this forum. Can't wait to get more involved.

Congrats on getting that first one under your belt Kyle. :)
The addiction only gets worse, but the bbq only gets better.

Congrats Kyle. As Bob said the addiction will only grow. The great thing about Q is that when it's not fantastic it's still good eating. Keep enjoying it.

Sounds like you have fire management down. Now you can concentrate on the meat!

Thank you Mike and Lee. Scored $70.00 brisket this weekend at Krogers I forget the size (20LBish), I'll have check but I got it on sale for around $45. Last one too, I was pumped. Brisket is my favorite and I cannot wait to smoke it.

I like brisket too. While I have a 22.5 I've never cooked a packer whole. I always separate the flat from the point (basically cutting it in half like 2 squares of a domino) because they cook at different temps.

Good luck!

Back