Buffalo Chicken Wings

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
04KZl3Q.jpg

It is really quite simple. It is designed for the oven, but after doing them on the grill, I don't think I will ever use the oven again. They come out so much more crispy, and tasty, on the grill. I used my Thermoworks Smoke remote thermometer to keep the temp right around 400. I used the ambient probe just above the grates. I found that the front and rear burners on about medium and the middle burner off were just about right to maintain the 400 degree range, but it varies with juices dripping and burning off through the cook so it has to be monitored. I am sure you can do it without the thermometer to monitor the temps, but you will have to keep an eye on it.

This recipe is for 5 lbs of wings which was just right for my grill size (Genesis 1000). It could be halved for a smaller batch.
=============
Buffalo Chicken Wings w/Sauce

Ingredients
2/3 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot(R))
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
salt to taste
4-5 lbs chicken wings

Directions
1. Combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.

2. Bake Chicken Wings for 400 degrees for 35 minutes, then place in a bowl, coat with sauce. They can be served as is or baked to allow the sauce to glaze on the wings (highly recommended).

Yah, Mac & Cheese w/brocolli. The brocolli makes it OK to eat a second helping. It was a perfect fall afternoon to have the dinner on the deck on the patio table. 70's, sunny and slight breeze and the bugs were down from a very cool night prior.

What better way to spend an autumn afternoon, family and BBQ outdoors?

Back