Q100 and Q200 received for free

Liz QM

TVWBB Member
I picked up a Q100 with cart from the local recycling yard for nothing about 4 years ago. The inside was in really good condition but the paint on the lid was flaking off in places. I used this for a couple of years.
Last year I picked up a Q200 from the same recycling yard with a cart and it was in even better condition. I tried it with my gas bottle but the Q200 didn't work :( The local gas company don't service BBQ's and I was not comfortable doing anything to it myself. But luckily a neighbour was having her gas boiler serviced and the gas man said he would check over my BBQ for me, he put on a new hose and tested it and it all works fine!! Even better, he just wanted £5 for the hose and nothing for his time.
I no longer needed the Q100 so I gifted it to my daughter and her fiancé but not before the lid was cleaned up and repainted. I don't have any before photos but here are some of the finished lid and BBQ.
IMG_0048 by Liz Quentin, on Flickr
IMG_0049 by Liz Quentin, on Flickr

IMG_0050 by Liz Quentin, on Flickr

Pretty. I love Blue. I am looking for a blue Genesis Silver or Genesis 1000 lid. My next Q grill that needs repainting will be blue.

Are you cooking the lid ?
Lol, yes! The spray paint for the lid said to bake it at 200 degrees for a certain amount of time. I didn't want to bake it in my oven not that it would fit so I got an old charcoal BBQ from the recycling yard and baked the BBQ :) it worked a treat.

Lol, yes! The spray paint for the lid said to bake it at 200 degrees for a certain amount of time. I didn't want to bake it in my oven not that it would fit so I got an old charcoal BBQ from the recycling yard and baked the BBQ :) it worked a treat.

Super great idea to cook it like that. Looks good too.

I just put my lid on my Q grill, baked it according to the lid thermometer for the three steps (200 degrees, 400 degrees and then 600 degrees). That worked great for me.

I just put my lid on my Q grill, baked it according to the lid thermometer for the three steps (200 degrees, 400 degrees and then 600 degrees). That worked great for me.

I did the same. Darkened up the color on mine, but turned out well.

Back